Strap Locks

Fre4ksh0

Reaction score
I normally wouldn't fret over something like this (no pun intended) but my new LP is my baby.

I'd like to install strap locks for obvious reasons, so I've been looking into some different options. I know that Dunlop has a pretty solid reputation as far as their strap locks go but what about brands like Schaller, Loxx, and Grover?

What do you guys (or gals) use on your LPs?

UEF

Reaction score
grolsch.jpg

Aside from the beer=cool factor - they're tight but flexible, so they don't make your strap hang rigidly at the point of contact - there's a certain amount of 'give' which I like.

chrisj1602

Reaction score
I use Schallers on my LP and would recommend them. They feel very secure and haven't let me down yet.

Fre4ksh0

Reaction score
I use Schallers on my LP and would recommend them. They feel very secure and haven't let me down yet.

How is the profile on the Shallers? One thing I don't like about a lot of the Dunlop designs is that they appear to stick too far out from the body of the guitar.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
How is the profile on the Shallers? One thing I don't like about a lot of the Dunlop designs is that they appear to stick too far out from the body of the guitar.
I use Schallers and they do not stick out as far as Dunlops.

GibsonMarshallGuy

Reaction score
I use schallers also, works fine so far.

It's very important that you choose what you want based on function and not fashion. So I wouldn't worry about how they look. As far as the schallers go they just slip right off when you're done.

chrisj1602

Reaction score
The replacement button on the guitar is no bigger I don't think, and doesn't stand out at all. The rest of the lock is attached to the strap. There is inevitably a bit more metal but it has never bothered me.

Fre4ksh0

Reaction score
I use schallers also, works fine so far.

It's very important that you choose what you want based on function and not fashion. So I wouldn't worry about how they look. As far as the schallers go they just slip right off when you're done.

A good point. I'm not one to fling my guitar around my neck or anything like that so as long as they can stand up to reasonable usage I'll be happy.

Thank you all for the input! Much obliged

sonar

Reaction score
I understand the OP is new, but this topic is beyond spent.

All the options that will be mentioned work fine if you take the 3 minutes to install them correctly and are careful enough to check they're secure every time you put your guitar strap on.

And always keep a hand around your guitar's neck.

As for vanity, it's a freakin' button! Get over it.

Bristol Posse

Reaction score
Any of the m are fine.
I use Dunlops here
The strap is off the body more than with the original buttons or other designs which means it doesn't rub against the finish.

Have the system on three guitars now (and it'll be four next year) and never had a failure with ths strap coming loose on or off stage

Fre4ksh0

Reaction score
Any of the m are fine.
I use Dunlops here
The strap is off the body more than with the original buttons or other designs which means it doesn't rub against the finish.

Have the system on three guitars now (and it'll be four next year) and never had a failure with ths strap coming loose on or off stage

Thanks, and future congrats on the new guitar!

Ansen

Reaction score
So, even it's useless to say , the search funktion is your friend in every forum. There's a couple of such Straplock threads running on here.. :dude:

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I understand the OP is new, but this topic is beyond spent.

All the options that will be mentioned work fine if you take the 3 minutes to install them correctly and are careful enough to check they're secure every time you put your guitar strap on.

And always keep a hand around your guitar's neck.

As for vanity, it's a freakin' button! Get over it.
True... Thet've all been around for years and they all work well.

This topic HAS been beaten to death, but as you said, they guy is new. Someone else will ask again in a couple of weeks and we'll all give our opinions again. Ad Infinitum.

Fre4ksh0

Reaction score
So, even it's useless to say , the search funktion is your friend in every forum. There's a couple of such Straplock threads running on here.. :dude:

I haven't had much luck with the search function in past forums, I'll be sure to double check it here though. Thank you.

WhatDoIKnow

Reaction score
Grolsch beer washers or Schallers. If you don't like beer you can buy 2 rubber washers from a hardware store for about 15 cents.

I like the Schallers because they don't sit out as far from the body as Dunlops do.

sonar

Reaction score
True... Thet've all been around for years and they all work well.

This topic HAS been beaten to death, but as you said, they guy is new. Someone else will ask again in a couple of weeks and we'll all give our opinions again. Ad Infinitum.

I'm not a big fan of sticky's, but maybe a closed sticky thread explaining the options will help?

Droog

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of sticky's, but maybe a closed sticky thread explaining the options will help?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjOPdk]Posting and you - YouTube[/ame]

Simple. :shock:

jc2000

Reaction score
Strap locks are great, I have them on all my guitars. Just keep the end of the strap away from the front of your guitar... it leaves a hell of ding!!

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I haven't had much luck with the search function in past forums, I'll be sure to double check it here though. Thank you.
I am not a fan of the search function on MLP... I guess I'm probably doing it wrong.

For me the best way to search any forum is to go to Google, type the full forum site name and the topic you want to research. For example..."mylespaul.com strap locks".

:slash:

Latest Threads