Strap lock for Les Paul Jr

Bianconeri1993

Reaction score
I just bought a dozen Grolsch (beer brand) rubber gaskets from ebay for $3.50. They are thick rubber that slides over your strap button with the strap on. Easy to put on, easy to take off and so far they seem to work just fine. They are orange though. I used to use mechanical strap locks but didn't really care for them.

Why buy the gaskets on eBay buy yourself a 6 pack and harvest them yourself haha ;)

Bianconeri1993

Reaction score
Hey all! thanks for all tips and everything.

I bought a pair from Schaller but the screw size and shape is not like my Gibson's originals.

Here's some photos, you can see the difference, The size difference is not that big but I don't wanna **** up my Guitar.

k9yrdj.jpg

nqwqa1.jpg

I want some strap locks on, I dunno what I should do tho..

Bro use gibson screw on the neck and use there long screw on the bottom also put a buffer between the button and the body a piece of felt old t shirt all trimmed down so you can't see it so not to cause a mark works perfectly I just did it to my 2013 trad heritage cherry I was hesitant at first but now very very happy with it deff a keeper on Gibby Pauls :)

Meepers

Reaction score
Dunlop dual buttons. They don't make the hole any larger really. The screw is just a little longer. I have them on my 04' Junior (pretty much the same guitar, but not over priced because it doesn't have an artists name attached to it).

Sitedrifter

Reaction score
I decided against strap locks being on my guitar. I opted for lock-it-strap.
Nothing fancy for me, just a plain black cotton strap with the special lock it ends. Works great and nothing needs to be changed on my LP.

Latest Threads