Strange Pedal Board Problems!

csonmike

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I've gotten a new Behringer PB-1000 pedal board. A fantastic piece for the price. It has a typical power setup, ins for the pedal and guitar on the right, on the right it has stereo pedal ins, and stereo amp outs. a supplied 9v adapter in, and a pedal adapter out, with a 12 chain daisy for the pedals.

The problem: The pedal board has worked perfectly at rehersal and at my apartment. The first gig I tried to play with it, when I would plug the daisy chain in, the power LED would go off, as if there was no power going to the unit (there wasn't). As soon as I unplugged the daisy, power was restored. I figured that this was due to a bad plug on the chain. I used a spare daisy for that gig, and it was fine.

The next gig, however, I turned the supplied daisy chain around, all pedals powered just fine. I had everything hooked up, I heard one blurt of sound, and then that was it (there was no sound check, so no time to figure this out) Everything was powered, the LED was on, and it was hooked up properly to my knowledge, but there was no sound! I had to unplug and go straight to the amp for the gig.

As I speak, I have my board hooked up to my amp exactly as I had it connected at the gig (i haven't touched the board since packing it) and it works FINE.

Is this board cursed to gigging???

I talked to behringer and all they said was that the board can only handle 1300mA, and I'm not using nearly that much.

my setup is: pedal tuner>>dunlop wah>>marshall guv'nor>>fulltone soulbender>>seymour duncan pickup booster>>danelectro trem>>verbzilla

Does anyone have ANY idea what may be causing this?? I gig a lot and really enjoy this board, but I have no idea why this only happens at gigs?

Thanks!

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
One of your daisy chain plugs for power is shorting the 9 volt feed to earth somewhere. If you have spare ones that end up resting on a pedal body or suchlike the power supply just goes down until you remove the shorted plug. Too easy to do as 9V is on the ring for almost all pedals.

Now stop panicking and find out where it's getting shorted.

Liam

csonmike

Reaction score
So, you're saying that one of the plugs that I'm not using (I'm using 6 of 12 at the moment, my fulltone uses a battery) is causing a short? And that would cause the pedal board to still be powered but have no sound drawing to the amp?

What is the easiest way to find out which plug is shorting? Thanks, alot btw.

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The plug causing the short is the one that makes the power LED go out. Unplug/move them one at a time until it lights back up again.

FWIW I've had an identical problem with a pedal board/power supply I made myself. Turned out to be a dodgy MXR Phase 90 (now mended).

Liam

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It sounds to my (IMHO) that it could be one of two things.

It's a long shot, but mabey all the venues you have had gigs at, the power from the building just isn't digging your pedal board EVERY time. Which is why I said it's a long shot! :laugh2:

Or, it could be that your using a Behringer pedal board, with pedals that aren't behringer quality. I hate to say it and I'm probably going to get hated for this, but quite a bit of behringer's products suck. There are some great quality ones, but their a bit difficult to track down which one is which. It's most likely your board. Try it with a few behringer pedals, and see if it has the same problem!

Best of luck! And rock on! :dude:

Latest Threads