Story of My Conversion (52-59)

amused

Reaction score
Guys,

still enjoying the conversion very very much, after honey moon phase :)

In no way I want to touch the neck pickup, I am really too happy with it, but I would like to compare the bridge one with something vintage to A/B and keep the best.

I am not very informed about PAFs/PATs from the 60s, my goal is to score the best pickup that I can for less than $1000.

Could you guys hop on Reverb and tell me which one you would choose, and explain why... that would help a LOOOOOT !!!

Thanks in advance ...

rialcnis

Reaction score
Thanks for documenting and sharing that journey! It's quite amazing. How long did the whole thing take after you got Tom Bartlett the guitar?

I bet he could really answer my questions. Because mine doesn't have a serial number, I've always assumed it was within the first 6 months of production, based on my Les Paul book I have. I also don't know what my humbuckers are. They were put in by Milt Owens in '67. Some people here said they looked like early 60's but it would be nice to know.

Last edited:

amused

Reaction score
Thanks for documenting and sharing that journey! It's quite amazing. How long did the whole thing take after you got Tom Bartlett the guitar?

I bet he could really answer my questions. Because mine doesn't have a serial number, I've always assumed it was within the first 6 months of production, based on my Les Paul book I have. I also don't know what my humbuckers are. They were put in by Milt Owens in '67. Some people here said they looked like early 60's but it would be nice to know.
You are welcome... mine was also from the very beginning, no serial number, no binding as you can see...

The whole process is about 4-6 months long when Tom starts his work, but he probably has pending builds in the go, so you should contact him first.

Let us know how it goes...

Mine is still my favorite LP :)