Store WITH a great stock of NEW Gibson guitars!!!

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Daddy's Junk Music.. purchased one of my Epiphones in the Manchester Store. They had one in Darthmouth, MA, but only stop there once, before they closed.
I should have stopped by on Monday. It's been a while and didn't realize they are back to being a Gibson dealer. I knew they were prior, but they couldn't meet the crazy terms that Henry wanted them to keep.

Not even sure who's working there any more. I use go there a least twice a week and bullshit with the staff and check out the gear.

Did you happen to note what Orange amps they had in stock?
Yo!!
They had an OR15 head on a PPC112 cab, and miiiiigjt have had a Rockerverb 50 mkiii combo, as well as Rocker 32. Barry still owns it and still kicks ass, same with Jimmy.

Deathray

Reaction score
I've had the exact opposite experience. Especially with Wildwood. Supply is constrained right now so a lot of dealers are being tighter with discounts, but in normal times you're almost always better off with places like WIldwood/Dave's/CME as opposed to the Sweetwater/Zzounds/GC type stores. And not just because of the sales price.
Same here. The time I asked for a discount from sweetwater, they began to preach about their laughable 55 point inspection, and how it’s worth paying msrp. The first time I called Wildwood, Steve shot me a great price, no hassles.

Sinster

Reaction score
Yo!!
They had an OR15 head on a PPC112 cab, and miiiiigjt have had a Rockerverb 50 mkiii combo, as well as Rocker 32. Barry still owns it and still kicks ass, same with Jimmy.
Might have to stop by.

The last time I was in there was before the shutdown. I was asking Jimmy if he heard from Anthony and how is doing. As the last time I spoken to him he just returned from CA and was selling some of his gear.

There was also a regular who would always show up with some good gear he got from the Duxbury transfer station.

Sinster

Reaction score
Same here. The time I asked for a discount from sweetwater, they began to preach about their laughable 55 point inspection, and how it’s worth paying msrp. The first time I called Wildwood, Steve shot me a great price, no hassles.
That's kind of bogus of them. I never had an issue with Sweetwater when asking for a better price.

Deathray

Reaction score
That's kind of bogus of them. I never had an issue with Sweetwater when asking for a better price.
May have been my luck of the draw when calling for the first time. Mike (I won’t put his whole name here)

jskidder

Reaction score
I don't personally know anyone who has gotten a discount on a Gibson at SW, and I know a lot who have asked.

Good for you and others who have, but I wouldn't buy a guitar from someplace like that anyway even if they did offer me the best price.

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
I get a discount every time I've dealt with Sweetwater and feel they are fantastic to deal with. You get your own guy to deal with and if you are looking for something specific, they keep an eye out for you. I just got a killer '20 R9 through SW and got a pretty big discount.

Sinster

Reaction score
I don't personally know anyone who has gotten a discount on a Gibson at SW, and I know a lot who have asked.

Good for you and others who have, but I wouldn't buy a guitar from someplace like that anyway even if they did offer me the best price.
People will have bad experience with good companies.

All the gear I have purchased from SW I've always asked what the best price they can do. They have always come back with a lower price. I don't expect them to give away the farm either. I'm usually good if the discount covers the tax on higher value gear.

Last edited:

jskidder

Reaction score
People will have bad experience with good companies.

All the gear I have purchased from SW I've always asked what the best price they can do. They have always come back with a lower price. I don't expect them to give away the farm either. I'm usually good if the discount covers the tax on higher value gear.
Don't get me wrong, I love Sweetwater and have always had a good experience buying from them. I don't want it to come off like I'm bashing them because I do buy a lot of gear from them, just not guitars.

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for Daddy's Junky Music. They always had good deals and you never knew what you were going to find when you went in one. Music Go Round is kind of the same type of chain, but not nearly as good (and not nearly as many stores).

MP4-22

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly next time i call sweetwater i'm gonna say WW will give me a discount and a setup....

I'm kind of fed up with sweetwater... they are only really good at returns. They gave me a free setup for all the blatant issues on first two LP's and on the third there are impressions from where they ran the strings through the stop bar. I had them do a setup on a rg550 i had and they scratched that too. I don't go crazy about minor scratches but i'd rather do them myself then some clown at sweetwater.

Gitter

Reaction score
It all depends on your rep at Sweetwater. Some really hustle and others are lazy. I had a good one who quit. The one I have now is clueless. The whole 55 point inspection is a joke. I'm not saying I won't shop there, but I shop there a heck of a lot less than I used to.

Nintari

Reaction score
It all depends on your rep at Sweetwater. Some really hustle and others are lazy. I had a good one who quit. The one I have now is clueless. The whole 55 point inspection is a joke. I'm not saying I won't shop there, but I shop there a heck of a lot less than I used to.
I live a couple hours away. It's pretty much a straight shot up the highway. If I didn't, and I could only buy from them online? I would feel the same way. But since I can go in there and literally do my own inspection, I'm all right with them.

But I suppose that's probably the same across the board. It's always better to pick one out in person. Regardless the dealer.

Latest Threads