Store WITH a great stock of NEW Gibson guitars!!!

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was on some errands today and picked up a set of new power tubes from Music Unlimited in Kingston Massachusetts.... and I couldn’t believe the amount a beautiful new Gibson Les Pauls they had, literally about 10-12 in stock, a natural flying V, transparent-cherry SG, Originals, studios, tributes, Classics, and even a gorgeous 59 reissue.
Many of the big box online stores are down to even as low as ZERO Gibson electrics. Glad I stopped in there and saw that they seem to be doing well and are stocked so nicely compared to some other stores I’ve been in to.
C3C9FAA0-F1CD-4850-87BC-FE9D368676F6.jpeg

Last edited:

JMP

Reaction score
I was on some errands today and picked up a set of new power tubes from Music Unlimited in Kingston Massachusetts.... and I couldn’t believe the amount a beautiful new Gibson Les Pauls they had, literally about 10-12 in stock, a natural flying V, transparent-cherry SG, Originals, studios, tributes, Classics, and even a gorgeous 59 reissue.
Many of the big box online stores are down to even as low as ZERO Gibson electrics. Glad I stopped in there and saw that they seem to be doing well and are stocked so nicely compared to some other stores I’ve been in to. View attachment 521401
That’s good to see a local mom and pop store with good stock. I’m in Western MA - support your local businesses!

jskidder

Reaction score
Sweetwater sold out fast because they are good at giving discounts.
The only two times I tried to work with Wildwood or some others they were pretty firm on the MSRP, whereas Sweetwater was upfront on discounts that I barely had to ask.
I've had the exact opposite experience. Especially with Wildwood. Supply is constrained right now so a lot of dealers are being tighter with discounts, but in normal times you're almost always better off with places like WIldwood/Dave's/CME as opposed to the Sweetwater/Zzounds/GC type stores. And not just because of the sales price.

speyfly

Reaction score
CME still has a ton in stock. How are people only buying from Sweetwater etc?
Been doing business with SW for a very long time and the reason I buy from them is I get great pricing and have a rep that really works for me. Can't say about other experience and other reps but have always gotten better pricing and awesome customer service from my rep. That's why!!!

CattleDog

Reaction score
My favorite local business, Manchester Music Mill in tax free NH, has 57 new Gibson’s in stock right now. When I bought my Classic on New Years Eve they brought out a variety of Classics and Studios and a few Standards for me to try, definitely a great experience when you have options! Great price out the door as usual. I may be in the minority, but being able to play and inspect a guitar before buying has always been my preference. Not right or wrong, just my preference.

JMP

Reaction score
My favorite local business, Manchester Music Mill in tax free NH, has 57 new Gibson’s in stock right now. When I bought my Classic on New Years Eve they brought out a variety of Classics and Studios and a few Standards for me to try, definitely a great experience when you have options! Great price out the door as usual. I may be in the minority, but being able to play and inspect a guitar before buying has always been my preference. Not right or wrong, just my preference.
Nice! I grew up outside Manchester. I have fond memories of Daddy’s Junk Music and the piles of used gear.

ChuckHall03

Reaction score
I've had the exact opposite experience. Especially with Wildwood. Supply is constrained right now so a lot of dealers are being tighter with discounts, but in normal times you're almost always better off with places like WIldwood/Dave's/CME as opposed to the Sweetwater/Zzounds/GC type stores. And not just because of the sales price.
Second this. Right now is a different story, but I’ve gotten some serious discounts from the folks at Wildwood. Always a plus to support small business over the big online retailers too

Sinster

Reaction score
Many of the big box online stores are down to even as low as ZERO Gibson electrics. Glad I stopped in there and saw that they seem to be doing well and are stocked so nicely compared to some other stores I’ve been in to. View attachment 521401
I should have stopped by on Monday. It's been a while and didn't realize they are back to being a Gibson dealer. I knew they were prior, but they couldn't meet the crazy terms that Henry wanted them to keep.

Not even sure who's working there any more. I use go there a least twice a week and bullshit with the staff and check out the gear.

Did you happen to note what Orange amps they had in stock?

Last edited:

Sinster

Reaction score
Nice! I grew up outside Manchester. I have fond memories of Daddy’s Junk Music and the piles of used gear.
Daddy's Junk Music.. purchased one of my Epiphones in the Manchester Store. They had one in Darthmouth, MA, but only stop there once, before they closed.

CattleDog

Reaction score
I don’t remember when Daddy’s closed. I went to the one in Danvers all the time, still have a Peavy Delta Blues from there. Being in northern MA I never really went to Manchester until I discovered the Music Mill, now I drive by two GC’s to get there and it’s worth it.

JMP

Reaction score
I don’t remember when Daddy’s closed. I went to the one in Danvers all the time, still have a Peavy Delta Blues from there. Being in northern MA I never really went to Manchester until I discovered the Music Mill, now I drive by two GC’s to get there and it’s worth it.
Interesting. My small Western MA city has 3 great independent music stores all within walking distance. I’m fortunate and try to support them when I need stuff.

moreles

Reaction score
I have fond memories of Daddy’s Junk Music
Triple yes on this! Daddy's Junky Music was fantastic. They over-expanded and I don't think they could move stuff as effectively once they had a bunch of stores, but the original operation was really enjoyable. You would come across strange stuff, great stuff, and loads of used gear. It was also a player's store, not yet blighted by useless collectors.

JMP

Reaction score
Triple yes on this! Daddy's Junky Music was fantastic. They over-expanded and I don't think they could move stuff as effectively once they had a bunch of stores, but the original operation was really enjoyable. You would come across strange stuff, great stuff, and loads of used gear. It was also a player's store, not yet blighted by useless collectors.
Yup, as a teen in the early 1990s , I’d alway be trading in gear there. It’s was awesome.

Latest Threads