Stopbar not perpendicular to the body?

Vevel15

Reaction score
Hi, I own 2019 LP Standard 50s. One day I noticed that the stopbar part of TOM bridge seem to be slightly off - its bass side seem to be a little bit farther from pickups than its treble side. Is it normal with this kind of bridge? Bridge is slanted ofc.

Thanks for replies.

Last edited:

bum

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter but pics would really help with this one man

Vevel15

Reaction score
Pics wont show it, as it is slight. My eye catches it though. Read something that 50's tailpieces were not perpendicular to the body...not sure thats true though.

Dogbreath

Reaction score
Even it up if you like. With an ABR1 bridge, I keep my tailpiece decked and it’s perpendicular.

Vevel15

Reaction score
Even it up if you like. With an ABR1 bridge, I keep my tailpiece decked and it’s perpendicular.
Hey man, thanks for reply. Im Talking not about the height of the bridge above the top, as its easy adjustable. Im Talking about the position of the bridge.

Here you can see that screw holes seem slighty off...As they should be relatively in the same position and paralel to each other? They are not. received_212500714286347.jpeg

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Hey man, thanks for reply. Im Talking not about the height of the bridge above the top, as its easy adjustable. Im Talking about the position of the bridge.

Here you can see that screw holes seem slighty off...As they should be relatively in the same position and paralel to each other? They are not. View attachment 566579
Wow! Good thing you spotted that when you did!

Tell you what, you just go ahead and send me that faulty old goldtop and I'll go ahead and uh.. dispose.. of it for you along with some of my guitars. :thumb:

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said Stopbar in OP, not bridge.... unless he changed it under your nose! :laugh2:
You better re-read post #5....or even the original post were he stated “bridge is slanted”...

Here you can see that screw holes seem slighty off...As they should be relatively in the same position and paralel to each other? They are not. View attachment 566579
Are you following me around Darrell?:hmm:

Last edited:

workerunit

Reaction score
I will trade you straight across a perfectly good Agile LP copy for your horribly mangled Gibson.
I will even let you pay the shipping.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
I will trade you straight across a perfectly good Agile LP copy for your horribly mangled Gibson.
I will even let you pay the shipping.
You should pay for the shipping. It’s the least you can do to help an MLP brother.

ARandall

Reaction score
Vintage era guitars had it slanted. But from its reissue in 68 I think it was perpendicular. Of course it took a long time for the historics to finally spec that again, but maybe it's finally moved onto the factory line guitars as well.
The original 50s guitars had the line of the T/p split the positions of the two vol pots pretty much dead centre.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
You better re-read post #5....or even the original post were he stated “bridge is slanted”...

Are you following me around Darrell?:hmm:
:laugh2:

Title

post 1
One day I noticed that the stopbar part of TOM bridge seem to be slightly off

Post 3

Read something that 50's tailpieces were not perpendicular to the body...not sure thats true though.

Post 5 Switches gears

Im Talking about the position of the bridge.

Not my fault. :dunno:

Besides, I like hanging out with you, and a chance for two in one day was too good to pass up! :h5:

What are friends for? :laugh2:

mudface

Boo Bee
Reaction score
:laugh2:

Title

post 1
One day I noticed that the stopbar part of TOM bridge seem to be slightly off

Post 3

Read something that 50's tailpieces were not perpendicular to the body...not sure thats true though.

Post 5 Switches gears

Im Talking about the position of the bridge.

Not my fault. :dunno:

Besides, I like hanging out with you, and a chance for two in one day was too good to pass up! :h5:

What are friends for? :laugh2:
That's Okay Darrell,...I'm not sure what this thread is about.:rofl:

I just read the "bridge is slanted"......i kinda replied yup it is.

The stop bar is whole nother thing......without measurements.... i don't see it.

But eagle eye Darrell should find a computer process that can take his photo and graph that out.......:laugh2:.....but nope....instead takes a poke at me.:dunno:

That's okay.....i can take it amigo.....:h5:

mudface

Boo Bee
Reaction score
You know these LP bodies are placed in a jig and a CNC mills and drills the body in about a few seconds. There's no one holding a DeWalt drilling holes by hand. It would seem unlikely that one LP body would have one hole drilled off mark.

Jimi03

Reaction score
Vintage era guitars had it slanted. But from its reissue in 68 I think it was perpendicular. Of course it took a long time for the historics to finally spec that again, but maybe it's finally moved onto the factory line guitars as well.
The original 50s guitars had the line of the T/p split the positions of the two vol pots pretty much dead centre.

I seen some place that the stop bar goes between the two vol knobs?

Latest Threads