Stolen Les paul

ToneTown

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am new to the forum, and need some help.
I had a beautiful Les Paul Gem series studio stolen from me in 1996. I would like to track it down. Any advice will be welcomed.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
almost impossible endeavor…

but u can start with the serial number…
maybe u will get lucky and one of us owns it..
then u search reverb and craglist and all sellers for the serial number…

to say it’s a long shot is an understatement…if u don’t have the serial number it’s an impossibility..

if Jimmy page couldn’t find his 3 pup custom black beauty then what chance do we normals stand :h5:

-chris

moreles

Reaction score
Take a shot. You need to post the information -- and a picture, if possible. If the thief resold it, there may be some info out there. People on this forum are helpful, so at least give us a chance.

ARandall

Reaction score
I guess you can hope, but you'd think after a quarter of a century its a longer shot than the odds given to a human competing in a horserace. I mean stranger things have happened....but this is right up there with two drummers of Spinal Tap that spontaneously combusted.

EXPLRGAB

Reaction score
MY LPC WAS STOLEN IN 1978....THEY SCRATCHED OUT THE SERIAL NUMBERS BUT I RECOVERED IT THRU THE POLICE AND PAWN SHOP......I SOLD IT WITH THE NUMBERS SCRATCHED OUT TO A MUSIC STORE IN SEATTLE

BadPenguin

Reaction score
MY LPC WAS STOLEN IN 1978....THEY SCRATCHED OUT THE SERIAL NUMBERS BUT I RECOVERED IT THRU THE POLICE AND PAWN SHOP......I SOLD IT WITH THE NUMBERS SCRATCHED OUT TO A MUSIC STORE IN SEATTLE
Ok..... and how does that help the OP?

ToneTown

Reaction score
Does anyone know how far back Gibson keeps sales records? It would help me find the serial number because only one like that was sold to and at my local music store back then.

Reactions: Who

scrumm21

Reaction score
I was in Kentucky........
it wasn't me, ( + I didn't take up the guitar until 2014 )

Seriously tho ....
No Pics ??
At the time it was stolen did you have any gut feeling on who may have taken it ??

Neofelis Nebulosa

Reaction score
What other items were stolen?
Forced entry?

Did you file a police report?

If only the guitar was nabbed, I'd look at anyone that had access to your residence
Little sisters' boyfriend, handyman etc.

Good Luck, that's a lot of water under that bridge

efstop

Wattsamatta U graduate
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without pics or serial number, or paperwork, it's pretty much permanently gone.
I don't think Gibson keeps those records, just the details on what each guitar was. And they have lost a ton of those records.

ToneTown

Reaction score
it wasn't me, ( + I didn't take up the guitar until 2014 )

Seriously tho ....
No Pics ??
At the time it was stolen did you have any gut feeling on who may have taken it ??
I know exactly who took it. But they have never admitted it. It was a guy I was supposedly in a band with. I left it at his house after practice, was gone an hour and it was gone when I came back. I thought he put it up for safe keeping but he stole it instead. I would almost put his name on here.

MP4-22

Reaction score
Without pics or serial number, or paperwork, it's pretty much permanently gone.
I don't think Gibson keeps those records, just the details on what each guitar was. And they have lost a ton of those records.

I find it so funny people believe there are detailed records for every gibson sold..... See it all the time on facebook

Latest Threads