Still Doing the Knife Making and Getting Better...

blackat

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Stock removal from flat steel. Cut, shaped, ground, heat treated and completely made from scratch by me. I tried forging, but I'm getting too old to swing a 2-pound hammer!

I still have my small forge, anvil and hammers. I may make a small blade from time to time.
All the fun, none of the pain.
Good work!

BlankinLoud

Reaction score
Stock removal from flat steel. Cut, shaped, ground, heat treated and completely made from scratch by me. I tried forging, but I'm getting too old to swing a 2-pound hammer!

I still have my small forge, anvil and hammers. I may make a small blade from time to time.
Damned nice work for a grinder jockey.

Your attention to detail is both visible and impressive.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I have a forge...hammer....tongs.....anvil..... made one knife lol.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a gaming buddy that stopped playing to make knives and he now does it full time. I've bought 3 knives from him over the last couple years and they are superb.

He does instructional videos on the tube on things he's learned along the way. Ever watch "Red Beard Ops" videos on knife making?

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I have a gaming buddy that stopped playing to make knives and he now does it full time. I've bought 3 knives from him over the last couple years and they are superb.

He does instructional videos on the tube on things he's learned along the way. Ever watch "Red Beard Ops" videos on knife making?

Oh yea, I've watched a lot of videos by Red Beard Ops. He's really good, better than me for sure.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Sweet! I like the one with the blue & wood grain handle with the stand. :yesway:

That's my first Filet knife. That one was tough to make because you have to grind the steel so thin. It has to be very flexible with a spring to it. That blade had to be heat treated prior to any grinding.

Latest Threads