Steven Tyler falls off the wagon…

fry

Reaction score
Just saw this story. Steven Tyler has had a relapse and is going to go into rehab. Summer shows that their Vegas residency are canceled. Haven’t been crazy about the material they’ve been putting out for the last 30 years or so, but they do seem to always put on a great performance. Must be serious to cancel such a high profile gig, probably going to lose a lot of money.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he fell victim to pain killers this time?

4a60b121b3964d89a10a8a3e44769b8f_md.jpg

Last edited:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
ROCK stars have different " definitions for :"sobriety"

"I'm sober now just guzzle wine and smoke blunts all day"

Sobriety ? Addiction? Still ,just people taking themselves WAY too seriously...LOOK AT MY FOLLY....LOOK AT MY VICTORY...real original.

fry

Reaction score
Alcohol aside living out of hotel rooms and punching the clock at night when you're seventy four years old.....

Nope.
Not exactly living out of a hotel room in this situation. This is a Vegas residency, and they’re probably living in the finest suites in town. Playing the same room every night, no traveling. The Vegas residency is supposed to be the best damn gig on earth.

GrandJunction

Reaction score
Never personally having had a drug or alcohol problem, I can only begin to imagine how hard it is to kick such a habit - especially at his age. I sincerely hope that he can overcome his demons, but having read Joe Perry's autoboigraphy, I can't say that I'm particulalry surprised that he is having issues staying sober. If I remember correctly - from what I have read, an excess of drugs, booze and personal in-fighting have been a constant with the band since day 1. Not a good recipie for staying straight.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Not exactly living out of a hotel room in this situation. This is a Vegas residency, and they’re probably living in the finest suites in town. Playing the same room every night, no traveling. The Vegas residency is supposed to be the best damn gig on earth.

I suppose it's the old different strokes for different folks thing.

For me there wouldn't be any allure to being shacked up in some fancy suite which he's had a lifetime of and having to play the same old stuff for the thousandth plus time.

There's plenty of past glory musicians, athletes, and others including ones I know that can't get off the treadmill. "I don't know what I'd do" is the response one friend told me when retirement age was reached a couple years back.

Guess I'm a lazy ass because the less clock and have to in my life the better. :hmm:

BigJim

Reaction score
Painkillers are rough, seen a lot of people hooked on them. Props for him for recognizing he was struggling and got help.

fry

Reaction score
Painkillers are rough, seen a lot of people hooked on them. Props for him for recognizing he was struggling and got help.
No doubt. My sister-in-law got addicted to them a few years ago. Last person in the world I would ever imagine getting hooked on that stuff, but it just proved to me that it can happen to anybody. Thank goodness she immediately fessed up, and asked for help. She got off that junk, been healthy ever since.

Casket

Reaction score
Many years ago I had tickets to see Aerosmith with ZZ Top on my birthday. I was beyond excited because I'm a fan of both and neither had been out this way in a long time. I'd never seen either before.

Some of you may remember the incident where Tyler fell off stage and broke or fractured his hip (can't remember the exact injury). Well, that was about 2 weeks before the show I had tickets for. Rest of the tour canceled, including "my" show.

About 2 months later I see Tyler on Letterman talking about how he had been snorting sleeping pills to get high and that's why he fell off the stage. He and Dave had a great big laugh over it...

I never did get to see Aerosmith, nor ZZ Top, and now that Dusty is dead, I never will.

I don't give Tyler any more of a free pass than I give any other fuckin junkie, I don't give a shit if he makes platinum records. He can kiss my ass.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old as he is,... acting on stage the way he does Geritol ain't gonna do it....Poligrip either, mouth too big. Probably got amberturd too.... can't hold his shit in..... just kidding.... I hope the Train Keeps a Rollin.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
I suppose it's the old different strokes for different folks thing.

For me there wouldn't be any allure to being shacked up in some fancy suite which he's had a lifetime of and having to play the same old stuff for the thousandth plus time.

There's plenty of past glory musicians, athletes, and others including ones I know that can't get off the treadmill. "I don't know what I'd do" is the response one friend told me when retirement age was reached a couple years back.

Guess I'm a lazy ass because the less clock and have to in my life the better. :hmm:
i thought i would really like retirement.been retired for 18 months.got a little bored and went to donate blood at my former workplace today...i might go back one day a week ,no benefits as thats only 10-12 hours a week.but i was there 27 years,know a lot of good people there.in some ways im looking forward to the call.hope HR will let them hire me on this basis as theyve never done it before.if i give up mondays,so be it,i will have 6 days a week to do as i please and a little extra money to make up for inflation.

pmonk

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw Aerosmith at Giant Stadium with GNR and Deep Purple (Mk II lineup) and it was one of the greatest concerts I have every witnessed.

Aerosmith literally wiped GnR and Deep Purple off the stage with their "greatest hits" performance.

I still remember Tyler straddling his mic stand like a horse and sprinting around the entire stage (it had a ramp that circles the stage and was elevated behind the drum rise) at least 20 times during the ending jam of Back in the Saddle Again.

Latest Threads