SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Under Seige was a cool movie..

tenor.gif

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
Always enjoyed his movies...mostly. There's definitely more than meets the eye with him besides acting and martial arts.

JTM45

Reaction score
I liked him and always thought he was a great ass kicker.

Not so long ago he was on some cop show in Louisiana or someplace like it and I saw him kick a little ass on there and he was on point, he’s a littl portly but I sure wouldn’t fuck with him

RAG7890

Reaction score
I watch it frequently down at the San Soo studio. And Rob would seriously hurt that guy in real life. No kidding.
My boy is now as recent made black belt in San Soo, and he could seriously injure someone badly. I see the real stuff all the time.

Hey Froggy you do know that Martial Arts is not really about hurting someone. ;)

Who can beat who is not what it’s all about. :)

:cheers2:

Frogfur

Reaction score
Chuck Norris is another old fart these days, but he grew up and cut his teeth on well documented real fighting skills and matches. He is the real thing.
The thing about both ageing actors is, there comes a point on film where they can't do it in real time in front of the camera, so they have these action sences kick'n and punching glore but you don't actually see them do it 100%.
Funny stuff. I'm not saying he's not a fighter, I'm just saying when you watch an Akido class and then watch him, somethn' ain't right. He looks a little weird these days too. Kinda chubby, robes. wtf ..

Last edited:

defcrew

Reaction score
Doesn't he keep women in sex dungeons? What's not to like?

larryguitar

Reaction score
He was the first guy in Hollywood to keep his finger outside the triggerguard when not ready to shoot. Give him credit for that.

above_law_240_371_81_s_c1.jpg
Also press-checked his 1911, and didn't blink when he fired the blanks. I interviewed a custom gunmaker who built some stuff for him, he could really shoot.

The thing about Aikido is, done well, it looks fake. The locks and projections make the uke 'throw' themselves, and seeing that you assume it's complicity; in reality, they're moving away from a broken bone. Just Google 'Aikido Projections' and you'll start to see the principles involved.

So yeah, Segal was the real deal Aikido-ka. Lots of stuff in Above the Law is from the Shodan test, in fact...

Larry

Crotch

Cocaine Bear
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a scene in hard to kill where the house his lady is house sitting gets shot up. He takes a jeep and drives it through a fence and it cuts away them cuts back to the driver driving a jeep where the steering wheel is on the right side

Around 50 seconds

Zungle

Reaction score
Has got to be the biggest bunch of bullshit to ever hit the screen. If you look close and know anything, most of his moves are ineffective in real life but look good on tv if you like that sort of thing. I remember him saying he could beat Bruce Lee. After Lee was dead of course. Now he's a Russian citizen as well. My kid's instructor would turn him into a Pretzel.
True, he is a martial artist. But his claims and real life ability is questionable. What a joke.

Just curious....

Do you think you can take him.....? :)

NewDayHappy

Reaction score
I'd bet money Steven Segal can kick my ass. I'm 31 6'2 267 and very strong, but he'd probably embarrass me. Trained fighters cannot be fucked with.

Latest Threads