Steve Miller "thinning the herd" ...........

Bluesky

Reaction score
If this was already posted , I apoligize. I saw this in my Email bin and found it interesting. Seems Steve Miller is selling off several personal instruments he's collected or was given. He is selling them through the music Zoo guitars:
I have No affiliation with them.
http://www.themusiczoo.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=SMLR

I dont have that kind of money , but there were a few good deals IMO for quality celebrity owned instruments. The Gibsons were crazy priced as usual...Clapton Beano for $15,000 (Probably a good investment for those with $$$) But I saw 3 Master built , 2 strats and a tele , for $5000, $6000, and $6500. Masterbuilt instruments are about that price. Not in my ball Park but I'd invest in one if I could. He has some cool diverse stuff. I can only imagine what he's keeping. Probably vintage stuff. If Your a joker, smoker or a midnight toker this could be just the thing. Interesting look either way........:fingersx:

jay1williams

Reaction score
the $1000 Ibanez GIO is a steal :)

Killer guitars in the "thin" collection for sure :thumb:

RAG7890

Reaction score
I just had a look. Some pretty stupid prices on some of the Guitars & the most expensive one is inaccurately described.

Gibson made only 38 or 39 2001 BRW's for their top dealers, not 50 and they were not painted by Tom Murphy. They were aged by Tom Murphy (unless this was one exception).

:cheers2:

crossroadsnyc

Reaction score
If this was already posted , I apoligize. I saw this in my Email bin and found it interesting. Seems Steve Miller is selling off several personal instruments he's collected or was given. He is selling them through the music Zoo guitars:
I have No affiliation with them.
http://www.themusiczoo.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=SMLR

I dont have that kind of money , but there were a few good deals IMO for quality celebrity owned instruments. The Gibsons were crazy priced as usual...Clapton Beano for $15,000 (Probably a good investment for those with $$$) But I saw 3 Master built , 2 strats and a tele , for $5000, $6000, and $6500. Masterbuilt instruments are about that price. Not in my ball Park but I'd invest in one if I could. He has some cool diverse stuff. I can only imagine what he's keeping. Probably vintage stuff. If Your a joker, smoker or a midnight toker this could be just the thing. Interesting look either way........:fingersx:
So funny … he apparently wanted my Beano (vos), and I just beat him to it … it actually caused a bit of controversy at the store, and I almost lost it! I've always really liked him, but if he was able to snag it from me I probably wouldn't be as much of a fan anymore :laugh2:

As an aside, I've had a lot of fun the couple of times I saw him live.

Latest Threads