Stephens Design Pig Nineties...

Dave Stephens

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, this may not interest alot of the "burst" crowd but maybe a few. I have a new set of pickups that basically are P90s in a humbucker housing. OK, so you say you've seen that before and they are usually shrill and sound like bad strat pickups, well thats the "other" guys not me :)

These use completely different internal structure than the others and have a wide magnetic aperture, which gives this pickup a TRUE fat tone and won't shatter anyone's glass. So, got a LP copy or or want to change your tone to single coil tones and not have to take a chisel to your guitar? Get some Pigs from SDPickups:applause:

Here's the new video demonstration of this new set. These are so new they are not on my website except on the pricing page, so contact me from my website if you're interested. My friend from the band The Insomniacs who are doing their first CD tour in a few weeks did the guitar playing through a vintage Magnatone:
http://www.youtube.com/sdpickups
Enjoy! Dave

waynesmith

Reaction score
Outstanding tone on those p/u's. Now I want a P90 type guitar, only with Pig Nineties in it...Nice p/u's Dave..

Dave Stephens

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You don't need a P90 guitar, these are HUMBUCKER SIZE pickups, thats the whole point, you don't need to get a P90 guitar or chop up your humbucker guitar to put a P90 pickup in it. Just remove your buckers and put these in and you got instant single coil fat tone.

Duncan and Gibson both make this type of pickup but theirs are really screechy bright and don't sound much like real P90s. They both used the same internal construction which is basically a mistake, trying to turn a volkswagen into a caillac just doesn't work. I had a inventor's flash of an idea and it worked really well in these:hippie:

po-boy

Reaction score
dave -

your pigs sounded great in the soundclip - by far the best i've heard for humbucker sized p-90s - do you recommend 500k pots with those ?

thanks

Latest Threads