Status of Proxy services right now?

Vicar

Reaction score
My first FGN arrived today through FromJapan via EMS - took a full 2 weeks to the UK. Previously used JapanPost and it took 6 days for a guitar and was cheaper, luck of the draw I guess.

Anyway here it is on the right - FGN MSA HP-C in antique white.

FGN MSA HPC and Greco SA800.jpg

Initial thoughts are its very light and very resonant. The neck feels great and the fret work is exceptional.
Will get used to it and then see how it compares to the Greco SA800 next to it, which is nearly 40 years older!

zeneffect

Reaction score
ordered EMS shipment from Jauce, just got a DHL tracking number.

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
outch, hope it doesn't meet the minimum Customs value for duty. DHL taxes you.

zeneffect

Reaction score
I have had DHL inbound before. Never once have I been taxed, this purchase is less than previous so I dont really have any worries. Its just curious that they started using DHL again.

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taxes was a slang term. "Convince fee" would have been more apropos.

Last edited:

o0mobius0o

Reaction score
Only 1 of the last 6 I got was sent EMS. The rest DHL, though I choose EMS every time.

Roxy13

Reaction score
If the price is the same, I guess I wouldn't care. Is EMS all backed up again?

zeneffect

Reaction score
5x DHL for me, no duties and taxes. Cost was same as quoted EMS this time, though it has never been the case before and DHL was significantly more expensive previously.

I need to stop using Jauce and use FJ more, but Jauce packs so well that the box is 100% reusable to sell a guitar and ship it in saving me about $30

currypowder

Reaction score
Jauce does have the best packing but right now FedEx has been cheaper and faster for me using FJ.
This has been my experience as well. I do have a guitar at FJ now and shipping via EMS is about $20 cheaper. I'm still going to use FedEx, though, as the guitar in question is in a gig bag, not a hard case. I just feel a little more comfortable using FedEx in this case to carve a couple of days off the time in transit.

EG700

Reaction score
FJ still creates drama for me when I buy a hard case for a gigged-bagged purchase to be placed into. They would rather ship a soft-bagged guitar to me after packing it into a cardboard carton alongside the guitar's dedicated hard case. Maybe their English/Japanese software's translation of "hard case" is "difficult problem", rather than "safe object to place a guitar inside"? I'm thinking of trying Jauce in future.

currypowder

Reaction score
FJ still creates drama for me when I buy a hard case for a gigged-bagged purchase to be placed into. They would rather ship a soft-bagged guitar to me after packing it into a cardboard carton alongside the guitar's dedicated hard case. Maybe their English/Japanese software's translation of "hard case" is "difficult problem", rather than "safe object to place a guitar inside"? I'm thinking of trying Jauce in future.
Honestly, I use FJ because they are much cheaper than the alternatives and 95% makes it to me just fine. I don't ever ask them to do anything special as they just can't seem to make it happen. If I'm after something special or something that doesn't have a case, I may use Zenmarket or Rinkya. Otherwise, I just figure that I'm accepting the risk of using FJ and keep my expectations low.

zombywoof

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
FJ all the way....paid shipping on the VG last Friday and it was in my hands Tuesday afternoon via EMS. No Flag for TSCA

EG700

Reaction score
Honestly, I use FJ because they are much cheaper than the alternatives and 95% makes it to me just fine. I don't ever ask them to do anything special as they just can't seem to make it happen. If I'm after something special or something that doesn't have a case, I may use Zenmarket or Rinkya. Otherwise, I just figure that I'm accepting the risk of using FJ and keep my expectations low.
That's a fair comment. I hadn't thought to do any price comparisons yet. I must admit, the FJ component of the overall cost of buying and shipping a guitar to me is very modest. It's DHL that really takes me to the cleaners. No EMS to my country.

Ok, I will adjust my expectations. Asking them to, as you say "do anything special" causes a lot of havoc for the poor ladies in the office whose task it is to answer our emails. I really feel sorry for them at times. They do try their very best, but seem powerless to influence the backroom boys at FJ.

Latest Threads