Status of Proxy services right now?

EG700

Reaction score
Sure, I've shipped many guitars that didn't even have a gigbag of any kind. But you can often get good deals on cases too. I really like the 90s Gibson TKL ones that have that little extra padding in the lid for the top of the headstock. I've managed to snag quite a few of them and for much better prices than I would pay around here. It doesn't change the shipping cost much at all to send a guitar in or not in a case so might as well get them if I can.
This was the attraction for me, because where I live (Fiji islands) I can't get hard cases for basses at all. On Yahoo Japan genuine Fender bass cases can be had for Yen 12-15K and domestic brands of cases like Fernandes, Aria or Ibanez for about Yen 8K. But the mental leap of actually putting guitars into cases proved a tough one for the FK packing staff. I think they prefer to just take whatever packing the seller has done "as-is" and shove the items into a carton with a few sheets of bubble-wrap around them. Funnily enough, while retail shopping on those occasions when I've been in Japan I've observed that store staff take great joy in doing a fantastical job of the wrapping!

zeneffect

Reaction score
Ordered a 2 guitar shipment from jauce via ems + 1 extra esp gig bag as a guitar did not have a case. Let's see what they do as I didn't say anything to them. I bet that the guitar without a case ships in one. Ordered a 2 guitar shipment because the last one (in the same exact cases) came in a box that looked like 2 should go in. Also... the shipping per guitar went down significantly.

Expecting to see ems movement on the yamaha tomorrow as well.

Roxy13

Reaction score
^ I have always put it in the instructions just in case but the Jauce staff seems to figure it out I think. They will put parts I've bought too into the accessory compartment of a case if they can. But, yeah I will write "put black guitar (auction #) into brown case (auction #) just for that extra bit of reassurance.

zeneffect

Reaction score
tracking shows ems hit stateside, expected delivery tomorrow.

zeneffect

Reaction score
Arrived no issues today. Guitar came in the case as I tended but not instructed. Single yamaha guitar in a hard case cost about the same as the last 2 in soft cases.

zeneffect

Reaction score
expecting the yamaha today. so ship wednesday, arrive today via EMS + Jauce

Edit. Arrived.

Last edited:

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on something trough Buyee.
Shipping options are 20.000 yen with EMS or 7700 yen with FedEx :hmm:

J-Dizzle

Reaction score
has anyone from Australia bought recently?

I'm wondering what shipping is like at the moment and if there are any shipping services to avoid.

Recenty made a purchase via Jauce.

Kirk Dahnke

Reaction score
I also heard of problems with buyee to Europe..
FromJapan and shipping with fedex is easy, reasonable rate at about 15k yen per guitar plus very fast.

Yep. I just bought two Burnys from the same seller. Both guitars arrived the very next day from Japan. Free shipping, but I feel a UFO was involved somehow.

zeneffect

Reaction score
The time zone oddity:

You see it hit Osaka INT tomorrow which is really today in Japan, it ships and arrives in customs at SF tomorrow (local) which is yesterday (Japan) but today also (local.)

drugprowlingwolf

Reaction score
I recently completed a transaction via zenmarket. They were somewhat slow but shipping servives and customs had it in my hands from Tokyo in about 4 days or so once EMS got it. The whole process took closer to 2-2.5 weeks.

I'd do it again, but only if it was for some juice that's worth the squeeze - in this case I grabbed an 81 Tokai ES with hangtags in great shape.

NLAALN

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry, I know this has been discussed recently but I can't find the thread anymore.
I know there was some controversy surrounding Buyee a while ago, personally I never had any issues.
Then there was widespread trouble with shipping due to covid for most proxies.

Just asking, what is the current situation right now? What Proxy services are doing good right now and which to avoid?
Shipping to Europe (Netherlands, Belgium)
Belgium chiming in here. Zenmarket is running just fine, average 4-5 days delivery with UPS. Don’t know about EMS - I prefer not to use them because they hand over local delivery to the Belgian postal services (including customs) which can take weeks and always turns out more expensive due to various “service charges”.

zeneffect

Reaction score
All I can say about us customs is rasafrasaskirbydirbydoo without getting my post edited, deleted, or banned.

Knoby

Reaction score
Hi all. Has anyone had experience with the worldshopping.global proxy that appears on digimart?

Edit: I'm in Aus. So shipping to Australia.

Last edited:

Latest Threads