bertzie

Reaction score
4920132256121.jpg

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Caleb, yer LEO, yeah?

Would yer job be easier if everybody was armed? Is that what you want? Do you see any problems with this particular scenario? Don't you see enough madness as it is? Times that by a billion. Domestic abuse, well, now they're both armed

I'm sorry to disappoint, but there's not really an answer to your first question, due to a hundred variables. For example, I'd much rather walk up to a car or a corner with four concealed carry permit holders, all armed mind you, than a car or corner with four guys with only one holding an illegally obtained gun, and the other three unarmed.

I'd like to add here that I have never once been on the scene of a shooting or a murder where the gun was legal. Hell, guns are pretty much all illegal here, yet people keep getting gunned down.

I might not have all the answers, but I have a fair idea of what doesn't work in my town, at least: Letting only those who don't care about legality to be armed.

Caoimhin

Reaction score
I spend a lot of time in Chicago, its a hellhole. Strict gun laws there but there's murders every night. It's busy and it's not even summer yet.

Caleb

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Poncho,

Something further. I'm not great at much, but I am pretty adept at handling domestic scenes. The thing is, in my experience, law abiding citizens are just that, gun owners included. I've never had any issues on domestics with legal gun owners.

Robus

Reaction score
All these numbers are screwed by mixing suicides in with homicides.

poncho

Banned
Reaction score
Caleb, I'm not bustin' yer chops, I'm on yer side

Caleb

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Also, I am not special. Im all for the public having the right to own whatever fire power I am allowed to own. The concept of government only weapons or ammo puts me ill at ease.

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Caleb, yer LEO, yeah?

Would yer job be easier if everybody was armed? Is that what you want? Do you see any problems with this particular scenario? Don't you see enough madness as it is? Times that by a billion. Domestic abuse, well, now they're both armed

My idea of "madness" is all the criminals armed, while the good folks are at their mercy.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
...Hell, guns are pretty much all illegal here, yet people keep getting gunned down.

I might not have all the answers, but I have a fair idea of what doesn't work in my town, at least: Letting only those who don't care about legality to be armed.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I want to add, that "report" is biased the source itself is highly suspect, and as the wise man once said ---

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
"Aside from the murders, DC has one of the lowest crime rates in the country." - Marion Barry :laugh2:

poncho

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes when you guys disagree with somebody, you label them communist and offer airfare to move. Now, I'm not a communist, and I'd rather not move, being a patriot and all, but

Do me a favor, when you get yer way, and we're stuck living in a psychotic police state with armed guards everywhere, er, if it's not too late, hook me up, so I can move somewhere peaceful and free

The thought of raising children in an armed school environment repulses me

BillB1960

Reaction score
Step 1: Post press release of a study conducted by a group which favors gun control

Step 2: Back it up with a YouTube clip of a dead comedian who admits he did lots & lots of drugs

Step 3: Get butthurt when anyone disagrees with his ridiculous premise

Step 4: Abandon thread

Yep, sounds like a typical allbusinessjoe thread

Latest Threads