State of the collectible/vintage market in 2013?

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Let me add one more thing and then I'll stay silent: I know a lot about math and stats.
Perhaps....

But, your comments that US politicians are lazy and the US healthcare system is 3rd world is either a hateful political bias or an uniformed opinion. Either way, Americans don't like being lectured or talked down to by "Euro-types..." ( Or anybody else on the planet for that matter. :laugh2: )

US politicians are NOT lazy, they are inclided to do too much...continually breaking things that are fine or further breaking things that are already broken.

If you think the US has a 3rd world healthcare system it just illustrates you know nothing about 3rd world countries or the US.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled vintage guitar programing...

judson

Reaction score
my opinion....depends how long this virus stuff lasts

it wont be a light switch speed back to what we were but overall and for collectible pricing i think its obvious it will take somewhat of an equal hit

but then like the virus how long will it affect that market.....who knows?...

its early, im gonna sit and watch but i would like to catch a dip in early 50's lps players :fingersx:

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Watch the numbers, then buy when everything is in ruins.
I'm buying like there's no tomorrow....because....maybe there wont be. :laugh2:

You can die with the Coronavirus, alone, with no family, friends, or loved ones around...but the upshot is, you could play yer bitchin' vintage guitar. (Assuming you have any motor reflexes...)

Oh, and you folks playing along at home...I actually like Bernard (HOSS) a lot. So don't take my comments as mean spirited.

Last edited:

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I could probably afford a players grade early goldtop if I sell all but my #1 guitar. But what's a man to do with only 2 guitars?

judson

Reaction score
I could probably afford a players grade early goldtop if I sell all but my #1 guitar. But what's a man to do with only 2 guitars?
hey keep telling myself to sell all the ones i got, 70's 80's 90's and buy one 50's lp and one 60's strat.....i could live with those two .....it will happen ...i dont need all i got

Mark_the_Knife

Reaction score
I would say the patient (aka the Vintage Market) is alive but not so chipper any more. Contacting the sellers by email is the norm, since they aren't in their shops, except when necessary. The stores I have dealt with in the past have an inventory problem. They can't visit little old ladies to purchase vintage guitars their (deceased) husbands bought. I can't seem to find decent 1958-64 Byrdlands anywhere. Gibson ES-335 and Fender Strat prices are still stiff with little wiggle room. The sellers have not adjusted to the new reality of the economy tanking, big time.

Latest Threads