Votes: 27 39.1%
  • Rat's ass, fuckin' nerds!

Votes: 17 24.6%

• Total voters

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
That's not a bad idea, actually. The notion applies pretty snugly to PRS and Fender Strats.

However, if I were to bang out a thesis concerning a duality paradigm in popular culture, the precis would be this post from way back, which you might also enjoy.....
Mark, first thank you for ignoring my pseudo-intellectual persona, and as the Brits would say, by being cheeky. Your response linking to a prior treatise was appreciated.

I did go to the link and agree with your view on British and American comedy. I love both types myself as it appears you do as well. One of my faves being, "Yes, Minister" (STILL relevant today).

I see "Blackadder" as more of an Insult comedy, of which I think it excelled, while using history as a backdrop and a prop. The best line is written in the credits where they list William Shakespeare as a contributing writer. Shakespeare was wonderfully nasty and salacious with his insults so...why not.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mark, first thank you for ignoring my pseudo-intellectual persona, and as the Brits would say, by being cheeky. Your response linking to a prior treatise was appreciated.

I did go to the link and agree with your view on British and American comedy. I love both types myself as it appears you do as well. One of my faves being, "Yes, Minister" (STILL relevant today).

I see "Blackadder" as more of an Insult comedy, of which I think it excelled, while using history as a backdrop and a prop. The best line is written in the credits where they list William Shakespeare as a contributing writer. Shakespeare was wonderfully nasty and salacious with his insults so...why not.
I give you a 'Like' not because I agree with what you said but because I heard it in a quasi British accent and we just tend to Like such things.

Uncle Remus

Reaction score
Put me in the rats ass category. Both were the uncoolest shit ever growing up and still are to me. I also hate most nerdy shit.

dro

Reaction score
I only watched the original Star Wars and about half of Return Of The Jedi.
Have full catalog of the Star Trek series on dvd.
Along with all the Star Trek movies.
Never watch em, but I got em.

The General

Reaction score
I had a ton of the Galactica toys, but never that dam Moffit. I was afraid it would come alive one night and kill me in my sleep......

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The first (1977 movie, and the only one I like) is great, but they sure have screwed up ever since. Star Trek has always been more consistent, and a “smarter” kind of series, albeit with plenty of ridiculous goofiness popping up regularly.

And I’m not a super fan of that kind of science fiction/fantasy anyway, but Trek seems better to me overall.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like both, but if I had to I'd say Trek gets 51% and SW gets 50%.

Towards the end of TOS movies they got a bit odd (IV and V was meh btu VI redeemed it). WOK is the best Trek movie ever made, period. This is why, check this out....

Love the top comment!

The JJ Abrams Trek reboot SUCKED from a movie and story standpoint, but I thought Pine and Urban did good jobs as Kirk and McCoy. I didn't like Simon Peg as Scotty just felt off, same with young Spock. I'm glad they're shelved for now it seems. Into Darkness was a poor ripoff of WOK and just was an insult to OG fans such as myself.

SW, the original trilogy is and will always be the best. The only prequel movie which exists IMHO is III ROTS. Fuck the other two. TLJ was just shit (but not as shit as AOC) and TFA was ANH all over again. I have low expectation and interest for Ep IX. I will probably not see it in theatres as I didn't see TLJ in theatres either. Nothing will be able to UN-fuck what Rian did to the franchise....

As with Alien, Terminator and Predator, SW imho is a three movie 'franchise' with their original offering and direct sequels the only things worth anything. Everything else is just poor attempts to milk it.