Stacking reverb pedals

Standard 64

Reaction score
If you really want to experience some reverb,try putting 2 different reverb pedals in a row in your stomp box chain and set both up diiferently and on at the same time.Wow!!!!!Your in for some really EXPANDED reverb tones!!!!!

4nd3h

Reaction score
I've seen many pedalboards with two, sometimes three reverbs. Almost all were ambient or post-rock type pedalboards.

Most of the time it's the Boss RV-5 (I think it's the 5) because of its unique modulated delay, and then a more general reverb pedal like the Mad Professor RRR or the Strymon Blue Sky.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
I wonder if that would be totally different compared to a ''big hall'' reverb type at extreme settings...:hmm:

Hamtone

Reaction score
Probably like dick dale on steroids sound. lol Kind of like my fathers ampeg gemini 5 or whatever from 65, the verb on that thing is wicked.

Ever since not having verb and only using delays, I dont miss it. I loved the verb in my fender though.

Standard 64

Reaction score
The first thing I thought of when I did it is of how,believe it or not,is how John Bonhams drums sounded in the movie "It might get loud" the part where Jimmy Page is explaining how they recorded the drums in the hall and they got this huge expanse sound,anybody remember which Zep album it was?But anyways,stacked reverb gives you a HUGE sound.I dont have recording gear.

Reaction score
I have tried it using the reverb on my Orange and a Holy Grail through the loop.
Its interesting, but im my opinion not a useful sound. Too much of a good thing.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I do all weird stuff! I hook two phasers EH Small Stone and Big Jam Univox together! Strange swelling sounds! Ring mods battling each other! Cool stuff!

Standard 64

Reaction score
I have tried it using the reverb on my Orange and a Holy Grail through the loop.
Its interesting, but im my opinion not a useful sound. Too much of a good thing.
Well thats a different way of doing it,not the way I do it.....

I do all weird stuff! I hook two phasers EH Small Stone and Big Jam Univox together! Strange swelling sounds! Ring mods battling each other! Cool stuff!
Right on brother!!!!!:applause:

Guitar Freak

Reaction score
Two chorus' or two flangers causes lots of swimming shimmers, 2 vibratos would probably sound warbly, two delays is beautiful(ala, Eric Johnson), One amp run into another allows one amp to act as a boost, and two wahs causes lots of fighting between them with funky frequencies! I've done it all! :thumb:

Guitar Freak

Reaction score
One amp into another allows one amp to act as a bomb. Don't do that.
I did that a few years ago when I knew nothing :lol: It did not act as a bomb because I was using the headphone out, but again, I knew nothing at the time

I still know nothing compared to some people.

4nd3h

Reaction score
Well, what I understood was to take the speaker output of the amp and put it into the input of another amp. Don't do that ;)

agarwaen

Reaction score
one amp into another is great, and it usually means either FX send -> stereo FX chain -> Amp 1 FX return + Amp 2 FX return, or the more interesting FX send -> stereo FX chain -> Amp 1 FX return + Reamper ("reverse DI") and then to Amp 2 input.

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I stack verbs all the time. The good thing is that I have pre-delay on the ones I stack. That allows for some needed separation. I also use a reverse verb when stacking often. Another cool thing is, I set up a slapback delay and then a second delay that has a longer time. It becomes like a faux verb but a little less cloudy. Owning to H9s has lead to some seriously fun experiments (pre/post routing and powerful verb algorithms).

Quill

Reaction score
Some nice technical detail in that post, Dez. Very good, thanks for that.

I'm thinking about ways of incorporating subtle<=>extreme pitch-shifting and/or octave doubling up/down in combination with layered reverbs. Some, like the Walrus Audio Descent, incorporate beautiful octave effects into their reverbs but they are not quite the dreamt-of sound.

Very interesting question. Multiple delays stacked with reverb, combined with differing gain settings pre-/post reverbs, could become seriously architectural and scary beautiful.

Latest Threads