squier tele custom vs deluxe

Rhust

Reaction score
so I jammed once or twice with a guy who had one of the fender 72 deluxe reissues (2 HB, all black model) and thought it sounded really good...

well a deal came up today for a squier tele custom... looks very much like the deluxe 72 reissue... but... soundwise? playability? reading reviews they seem to really like the neck and action... but what's the catch? do you think this would scratch the occasional tele itch for something a little twangier than an LP/SG?

does anyone have experience with this guitar(or both) and can give me some points where the custom will be lacking vs the deluxe 72?

obviously the deluxe is american made, and certainly that comes with a price... but where did they go cheap on the squier? are the pickups junk? can the deluxe pickups be obtained relatively cheaply?

are the pots/switch/jack rubbish? these things I feel are fixable/upgradable... if the problems are deeper, like wood/neck... then maybe not...

btw, I wasn't even in the market for a tele, but the price on this custom made me look twice($125)

I had a MiM standard but sold it in college... I had the duncan 57 tele set in it, and liked it a lot for punk or stones

Rhust

Reaction score
Oh, I'm buying it, meeting the guy in the morning... I just want to know what to expect

AngryHatter

Reaction score
The wood will be second rate stuff. The wiring and components are cheap.
The pickups are made here and shipped there.

CV is a great line. Very good value for the money.

Latest Threads