Squier standard strat question

Sportrider24

Reaction score
I was on craigslist today and found a squier standard strat I'm interested in after seeing pictures of it. It has a birdseye maple neck!! Anyone ever heard of this? It is definatly a squier standard made in indonesia. I've never known these guitars to have birdseye male necks before.

barrydjuptight

Reaction score
Plenty have some birdseye, I have a Bullet Strat (cheapest of the cheap squier) that has some of the nicest flame on the neck I've ever seen on any guitar of any price.

Some you just get lucky with.

Kate033

Reaction score
I played around with one of those Fender Starcaster beginner strat packs at Costco last Christmas. I think they're supposed to be a step below the Squiers?
Anyway the strat had the wildest flamed maple neck. I was really surprised. From the back it looked liked an expensive Warmouth neck. So, it's not impossible to see a decent wood on these.

Sportrider24

Reaction score
Here are some pics.

Attachments

• strat22.jpg
    strat22.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 38
  • strat11.jpg
    strat11.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 24

Iceman0124

Reaction score
I had a squire P bass around 89 , black finish rear routed electronics so no guard,and it had one of the most figured necks I've ever seen, really wish I had kept that one a little longer.... My squire CV 60's has a lot of flame on the back of the neck, kind of a shame its an RW board....My 50's has some light fihuring scattered throughout, but it doesnt stand out much due to the untinted finish.

Heres several shots of the 60's squire classic vibe (MIC) neck to get a feel of how deep the flame is at different angles,

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183-1.jpg

Sportrider24

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm trying to set up meeting with the guy. It also has a SD hotrails bridge PU and fender noiseless PU's in the mid and neck positions. Sound like a decent PU combo?

Sportrider24

Reaction score
I ended up getting it. The guy really wanted an acoustic/electric so I swapped him a Mitchell MD100CE which was suprisingly a decent guitar. The squier needs a little work. The pickguard screws are pretty rusted along with some rust/tarnish on the bridge. Overall it's in pretty good shape. The SD also needs some cleaning up and I need to get the frets shining again. Not bad at all though.

guitar029.jpg

guitar030.jpg

guitar031.jpg

Latest Threads