Squier Mod?

Reaction score
Alright, so I have this Squier that I bought a while ago (2006), and the thing is a piece of shit. The neck, once you play past the 12th fret, is all screwed up. The pickups are dead and rusted. There's not even a tremolo on it. Would it be worth it to fix it up again? I really want to know, because it would be nice to have a strat in my arsenal.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I guess that would depend on what is "screwed up" with the neck.

What model is it?

longan

Reaction score
Depends on the budget, if its low, mod it. If its high, mex strat

Reaction score
It's a Squier Bullet "strat". I really can't explain what happened to the neck really, instead of playing half steps every fret, it's warped and plays quarter steps (so to speak). For example, if I play my E string at the 12th fret, instead of playing E, it plays halfway between Eb and E.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That is an intonation problem, which is adjusted at the bridge saddles.

River

Reaction score
Don't you have an '09 Gibson you want buy pickups for, and an amp you want to replace? Given your budget, I think putting money into this Squier might stretch you just a wee bit thin. But yeah, the intonation's off. Way off.

We can't tell you if it's "worth it". If I love a $200 guitar, I'll put $400 into it and not give it a second thought. I don't sell 'em, I play 'em. Doesn't sound like you love this one.

Latest Threads