Spy photo of the next PRS model

The General

Reaction score
I know I'm risking being flamed out of existence on this site, but I like PRS double cut models. A lot. I have a SE and its a joy to play, and the quality absolutely blows away not only other guitars in its price range but many guitars worth a lot more. Build quality is easily equal to my custom shop, but the CS has a definite tone advantage. A pickup swap may close that gap but it will still exist, I'm sure. BIG price difference.

Ok, ready to be punished.

Stinky Kitty

Reaction score
I know I'm risking being flamed out of existence on this site, but I like PRS double cut models. A lot. I have a SE and its a joy to play, and the quality absolutely blows away not only other guitars in its price range but many guitars worth a lot more. Build quality is easily equal to my custom shop, but the CS has a definite tone advantage. A pickup swap may close that gap but it will still exist, I'm sure. BIG price difference.

Hell man, F the flamers! You like it, that is all that matters.
FUV to the haters..

LP121

Reaction score

Never tried one but I always thought they looked cool. I'd like to try one some time.

The General

Reaction score
I should note I'm not as big of a fan of their models outside of the double cuts. I'm sure they are exceptional quality but they just don't cue my interest.

They have some great tops.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Well...shit. Now I really have nothing interesting to do tonight.

The General

Reaction score
Just so you guys know, that photo was a joke...
That's what I thought first, but then I noticed that little additional PRS "signature" cut in the single cut area. Thats a very good photo shop job.

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the new silver sky guitar looks cool. However I liked it better when it had Fender on the headstock. I f*ckin hate PRS

wildhawk1

Reaction score
PRS is a smart man.

His guitars are no better than others.

He does know marketing extremely well.

1. Looks sell so he upped the flame top game with every color from the Crayola box.

2. He knows the endorsement game sells so he signed on everyone from Santana to Mayer.

Smart man.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Just so you guys know, that photo was a joke...
Yes, I thought it was a joke.
Problem is, the one I posted (John Mayer "Strat") is not!
Your Tele is as possible Mayer's "Strat".

Honestly, I can't believe a "serious company" would take a Strat, put a neck with birds on it
and call it something else.
Mind boggling.

What's next:?
Danny Gatton's PRS Special?
:facepalm:

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score
PRS is a smart man.

His guitars are no better than others.

He does know marketing extremely well.

1. Looks sell so he upped the flame top game with every color from the Crayola box.

2. He knows the endorsement game sells so he signed on everyone from Santana to Mayer.

Smart man.
And he owns the ebony factory. :shock:

cjpeck

Reaction score
and they have all of their Youtubers posting vids on the why the new Mayer PRS is not a strat look alike. As if 7.25 radius, alder body, 3 single coil strat config, etc etc has never been seen. May be a great guitar but a copy is a copy, just like a Suhr, or Anderson or G&L is a copy. I like a lot of PRSs but come on.....you can't fool mother nature
Music Man and G&L both revisited Fender designs. But since Leo was the guy doing it they kinda get a pass on that.

I've seen exactly one PRS that I wish I'd bought: a discontinued PRS SE Santana double-cut with P-90s.

Only PRS guitars that ever caught my eye are their double cut wrap around bridge P90 stuff. Not enough to pull one down off the rack and seriously think about it though. For that stuff I've got an old '70s Memphis beast with a baseball bat neck and dog ear P90s that are nearly microphonic. You can peal paint with it if you have a mind to.