Sports Illustrated Cover... Transgender Edition

pnuggett

Reaction score
What i find interesting about this issue (not the literal magazine issue) is that it seems that for all these people who claim they are "UNIQUE! DIFFERENT! NOT THE SAME!" that most of the alphabet folks rant on about (LGBTQ2S etc.) is that they seem to really really want to do ALL THE SAME THINGS that the people they claim they are different from do.
For instance... getting married! the marriage institution is based around a religious ceremony in just about any religion since time began. why the hell would anyone who doesn't believe in religion or has been ostracized and condemned by religions want to participate in their stupid ceremony? If it was me i'd say stuff it sideways pal!
Gays want to join the military. Good for them. They want to serve their country,. Be my guest!. But what does being gay have to do with it? Shut up and do the job.
Trans wants to be on the cover of a magazine. Fine- go ahead. But really why are you measuring yourself up against somebody else's yardstick? Who cares? Why not start your own magazine.
If you are so different and unique-prove it! Do your own thing.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
i'd give basically anything to be a boomer. my parents are 77 and almost out of here. they're not rocknrollers but they had every opportunity. dad drove a 64 nova, mom drove a 65 impala ss. they kept the nova (mine, now). oh well. even though mom sang in the choir until ALS took over, even she'd be laughing at this if i told her.
i'm 47 and i'm stuck here for a while longer.
thank god i don't rely on SI swimsuit issue to get it done.
i'm old enough to have gotten some Sears catalog jobs in, but young enough to be stuck here another 30yrs.
truth be told, i'm kinda over this place,

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not have known that this was even going on if it weren't for MLP. Fear of the mob mentality is what's driving this stuff. SI is afraid of being a victim of the cancel culture rather than standing up for their rights to publish what they want.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
SI should have just bitten the bullet and ceased publishing a swimsuit issue. Some things just die after a while. Like beauty contests, print issues of Playboy...

NotScott

Reaction score
I admit to laughing at the jokes and witticisms here (Steve C's in particular :applause:) but I am really conflicted over this issue.

A drummer I have played with and am friends with is a transexual. We will call her H for short. He became a she. I met her as a she. However, about 6 months later, she decides she wants to be a he again and walks into a club with her hair dyed sporting a goatee and with some hottie on his arm. Now I have always known H to have an atomic temper bordering on disturbed. Her life is filled with drama and bad luck and her family were not supportive at all. Yes, she has issues, but she is still my friend who I do not judge and I want nothing but the best for her.

About a month before her transition back to a he, H was moodier than usual and was telling me that her doctor had to keep adjusting her hormones and meds to keep her sanity. It was obvious she was struggling with something and all her doctor did was pump her full of drugs and tell her she was fine. When I next saw her, she was a guy again and seemed happy. She said she got rid of her doctor and found a new one who took her off all of her meds.

Despite appearing to be happy, H as a he lasted for about 3 months. When I next saw H, she found a new doctor and was a she again. She told me that she finally found a doctor that listened to her and had the right combination of drugs and therapies to combat her mood swings. The night she came back as a she, I was at a show between sets talking with my bass player. H came by to say hi and my bass player asked H something that I can no longer recall. Without thinking, I replied by referring to H as a he. She was very hurt by that and I felt bad. I pulled her aside and apologized and told her I was not making fun of her. However, I did tell her that her transitions were not just difficult for her, they were also difficult for all of her friends. Imagine one of your friends being a he then a she and then back to a he before becoming a she again. What do you refer to them as? He? She? Xe? Xem? That is not an easy thing to integrate. I then told her that I don't see her as male or female. I see her as a person, H, my friend, the same way I see my other friends.

I really feel bad for her but I do blame some of the doctors that have been using her as a gender studies paper for whatever psycho-babble journal they wish to get lauded in. It's tough enough for these people dealing with misunderstanding and rejection by a bigoted and judgmental society but I also believe there are many medical "professionals" and activists using the LGBT community to further their social and political goals and they don't give a damn about the suffering they cause in these people.

Being friends with H has changed my mind and attitude towards people's personal choices and I no longer care to weigh in on the moral aspects of this topic but she has also reinforced my belief that activism is more and more disguising itself as "science" to further an agenda, an agenda that dehumanizes all of us.

PeteK

Reaction score
I admit to laughing at the jokes and witticisms here (Steve C's in particular :applause:) but I am really conflicted over this issue.

A drummer I have played with and am friends with is a transexual. We will call her H for short. He became a she. I met her as a she. However, about 6 months later, she decides she wants to be a he again and walks into a club with her hair dyed sporting a goatee and with some hottie on his arm. Now I have always known H to have an atomic temper bordering on disturbed. Her life is filled with drama and bad luck and her family were not supportive at all. Yes, she has issues, but she is still my friend who I do not judge and I want nothing but the best for her.

About a month before her transition back to a he, H was moodier than usual and was telling me that her doctor had to keep adjusting her hormones and meds to keep her sanity. It was obvious she was struggling with something and all her doctor did was pump her full of drugs and tell her she was fine. When I next saw her, she was a guy again and seemed happy. She said she got rid of her doctor and found a new one who took her off all of her meds.

Despite appearing to be happy, H as a he lasted for about 3 months. When I next saw H, she found a new doctor and was a she again. She told me that she finally found a doctor that listened to her and had the right combination of drugs and therapies to combat her mood swings. The night she came back as a she, I was at a show between sets talking with my bass player. H came by to say hi and my bass player asked H something that I can no longer recall. Without thinking, I replied by referring to H as a he. She was very hurt by that and I felt bad. I pulled her aside and apologized and told her I was not making fun of her. However, I did tell her that her transitions were not just difficult for her, they were also difficult for all of her friends. Imagine one of your friends being a he then a she and then back to a he before becoming a she again. What do you refer to them as? He? She? Xe? Xem? That is not an easy thing to integrate. I then told her that I don't see her as male or female. I see her as a person, H, my friend, the same way I see my other friends.

I really feel bad for her but I do blame some of the doctors that have been using her as a gender studies paper for whatever psycho-babble journal they wish to get lauded in. It's tough enough for these people dealing with misunderstanding and rejection by a bigoted and judgmental society but I also believe there are many medical "professionals" and activists using the LGBT community to further their social and political goals and they don't give a damn about the suffering they cause in these people.

Being friends with H has changed my mind and attitude towards people's personal choices and I no longer care to weigh in on the moral aspects of this topic but she has also reinforced my belief that activism is more and more disguising itself as "science" to further an agenda, an agenda that dehumanizes all of us.
Those are the sort of cases that really make this issue a hard one. From what you described, this person seems like a very mentally unstable person, but nowadays you can't really say that without being branded a bigot. We are told we have to just always accept people's decisions and lifestyles as if there is absolutely nothing abnormal about it.

NotScott

Reaction score
Those are the sort of cases that really make this issue a hard one. From what you described, this person seems like a very mentally unstable person, but nowadays you can't really say that without being branded a bigot. We are told we have to just always accept people's decisions and lifestyles as if there is absolutely nothing abnormal about it.

This is true but I also saw how different doctors had wildly different results with her and I am not convinced all of those doctors had her best interests in mind.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
i try not to overthink it.
it's the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
for fuck's sake....
how complicated is this?
know your audience.

if this sells like hotcakes, then keep em coming.
if not, well..... i can't say i didn't see it coming.

whatevs.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

This, right here. Exactly!! Activism. It's gotten waaaay out of hand, all around - about every-fucking-thing.

but, I still will make fun of everything that I can. I can realize the personal aspects, yet I can still find humor in anything. It keeps me sane (such as it is).

wildhawk1

Reaction score

Sex changes, plastic surgeries, body modification...

I'll never grasp people's thinking.

I guess being thankful for what the great cheeseburger gave them just isn't acceptable.

BigJim

Reaction score
Its too much to keep up with..

I wonder if they just put her on the cover and left it be if anyone would even care, but they have to show how "woke" they are and pander to these dimwits that care so much.

In some ways I also wonder if this was a move to quiet the dissenters that complain every year about all the protests about objectifying women and question "why a sports magazine has to have bikini clad models on their cover"

PeteK

Reaction score
Its too much to keep up with..

I wonder if they just put her on the cover and left it be if anyone would even care, but they have to show how "woke" they are and pander to these dimwits that care so much.

In some ways I also wonder if this was a move to quiet the dissenters that complain every year about all the protests about objectifying women and question "why a sports magazine has to have bikini clad models on their cover"
It's a weird contradiction really. If a trans person feels they really are whatever gender they say, then isn't it demeaning to them to say "First trans person on cover of SI Swimsuit magazine"? I mean, if SI were truly pro trans, wouldn't you just put them on the cover and not mention the whole trans thing? I mean, they are a woman, right? They are just another woman on the cover of a magazine that has always had women on the cover.

But we all know that's not why they did it. They want some woke credit and an opportunity to virtue signal.

Scooter2112

Reaction score

I’m sorry if this sounds rude and/or cold, but a reputable doctor would have just told them that they were fucked up. No meds necessary. Deal with reality.

PeteK

Reaction score
What medical journal is that condition covered in?
"My medical diagnosis as your doctor is you are fucked up. Get out of here. I'm not giving you meds". :laugh2:

TheX

I am Varna Sankar
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
1627065967924.png

Latest Threads