Special Love?

73Fender

Reaction score
I found this one on CL. It's a 2011 and was from a limited run for Musicians Friend I believe. Ebony board and no binding. Has the longest name of any of my guitars..Les Paul Junior Special Exclusive
Still up on the Gibson site:
Gibson.com: Gibson Les Paul Jr Special

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I'm feelin' ya!

Scratches my P90 itch juuuuuuust right! Great neck, too.....can set the action as low as I want without buzz.....bee-u-tee-fulllllllll...........
My P90 lust gets satiated with mine, but I'm prepared to get another, this one setup with humbuckers. I've got my SG up for bait, which is both exciting and scary. If it had a slim-taper neck, I wouldn't be doing this. but I like the feel of the Special so much, I think I may as well try to get another. :fingersx:

icantbuyafender

Reaction score
Gassing for the AAA top special with F-hole, myself.

Or a TV yellow or white with binding and ebony board

...or one of the early '00s special fadeds in worn TV-yellow

GAAAAAAASSSSSSS

Gridlock

Reaction score
I recently picked up my 2nd Special Double Cut. The previous was in TV Yellow DC that I loved. Sold it to trade up on something, don’t recall what it was.

This is another 2015 in Cherry. Thankfully, the previous owner lost the Robot Tuners an installed proper Klusons.

Love the neck, pickups, finish, and quality of this guitar. All for a very reasonable price for a USA made Gibson.

F86C9647-8435-465D-98C8-8BF01CCE2FC0.jpeg

Telechamp

Reaction score
I recently picked up my 2nd Special Double Cut. The previous was in TV Yellow DC that I loved. Sold it to trade up on something, don’t recall what it was.

This is another 2015 in Cherry. Thankfully, the previous owner lost the Robot Tuners an installed proper Klusons.

Love the neck, pickups, finish, and quality of this guitar. All for a very reasonable price for a USA made Gibson.

View attachment 474325
Yep. I really love my 2015 LP Special DC as well. I've always thought that the alnico slug P90's sound great in these!

dro

Reaction score
Bought a GC Exclusive LP Special. Bound neck P 90's. Tracked with it once and put it back in the case. 5 years later I gifted it to a friend. Ironically, Said friend, couldn't tell the difference between business and friends. So when I made him pay for a resto I did on his black beauty. He stopped being my friend. Because I wouldn't let him take advantage of me.
C'est la vie.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
i have a 2017 GT tribute and 2015 junior.but i would sure like a TV yellow special...

Latest Threads