Special/jr single cut neck pocket

Mike-g

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here. I have another thread going for my first build, which is a junior doublecut. When I bought the wood for my first build, I got a second body and fretboard and a neck blans big enough for 2 necks, assuming I'd hack stuff up enough that I'd need to start over, but that hasn't happened yet.

So I was thinking about doing another one, this time a single cut with 2 pickups and 4 knobs, so I guess closer to a special.

I'm following the super detailed plans for the doublecut that I found here on the forum for my first build and I assume I can take the critical info from there and sort of figure out the rest.

So I've taken my doublecut template and traced it and then laid my les paul standard over top and gotten the general shape of the single cut. And I know I can pretty much use my neck design for my double cut, but just shorten it and join at the 16th fret.

But my biggest question is about the "shoulder" of the neck join on the jr/special how thick is that?

Any other suggestions you might have as well would be great

failsafe306

Reaction score
The shoulder on the lower part of the neck joint is about 7/32”, measured from where the neck joins the body.

Latest Threads