Speaking of Joe Walsh & Tokai

currypowder

Reaction score
OK, so it's not the Joe Walsh LS-100 model, but close enough for me. Here's a 1981 LS-60 finished in metallic red front and back. Based on the YJ listing, I expected that it would need quite a bit of work to get into playable condition and have a bunch of wear. But to my surprise, the only real issue is a broken jack plate, a wonky jack that should be easy to replace and a small finish ding right under the neck pickup ring corner. Obviously I'll also need to replace the neck pickup ring and try to find a pickguard that fits. I have a couple, but the mounting holes on the front do not line up and I don't want to put another hole in the guitar. Maybe I can find an undrilled guard.

Pickups and electronics are original and I confirmed everything works. I have no experience with these Goto Patent Applied For pickups, but Roxy says her experience is that they are clear and glassy, almost single coil. I'll hold off on any pickup swaps until I get a chance to really give these a workout.

y4mIfMtqgF91lRrHcgyrmxBi64ej3vvFMCvZirQXRingQjyz2qTmnj8jUGHwRfeR_qUYCxqslQfigvviWOUNCql_uxr6KcgwK4oCWPOjexy7ySn6nnem-XKkknHr2QmMS-J1ijws-7rdaZXeqMj0qLkE4ZkJVmKLLxUgR3Ka4NTKMAjqF1Usc4s_3ekPv2LpBau

y4mxjmzjgEGkYuMPKTg488IwoVdAvXOJSbwNEegXIo-KwnMkhXY77vt5sXw-16QDDkoLdxMD7jBcBlY6g7wEnl4XY0n4ZWd1xyz8TD7Nw_vW_HkeFW9mNHxXp8eyInUVMz3OF8nNSWW_IB8y9mU5G_XXhSHOAFeFuLmM3Imk-x433OtquES3-KPGOlzHBoM-G28

y4myis0-2lZV-BCfZfS6lbgNQnQn2tkKwP9vDxTmianoK--o6T1HE3O5NRzgCa3eqNNxECDw3c736YZm3efD-46h63tWjDy-JyFSxm47qkIWlOi92rKlWufXXYmgRKirgOSx2VLcA8avWzPga28fwY1uFW4eL6HxUJNmU2zv66FZqeNTL4uTHyjaLTdbcYRxO6U

y4mo3zxv4OB-8sV82DyRGlCbjAP_5hGVwc6FbDN-IeAYTEH2ZWdUKmmbp1Oeq7KOGyNbK4NwX-_-d4tVb06TEPQhu0l_1XMF3HUvF4z5WY31Zlv6JXgq5GAM-RAid1qTdNc88sl9o8pnpcCrVPosaja0N5eNa6tDqXK92PasRpoFHQHS_KhoD2XWNCPvUml_XT9

Roxy13

Reaction score
I love a red singlecut, beautiful!

mono

Reaction score
Can see them now. That looks great! Congratulations. I didn't get on with the Gotohs in a black beauty but you might like them.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
You might want to also/first replace the lead going to the output jack. It's about to snap off! That might be your only problem with the jack.

Someone must have tried to tighten the output jack nut without reaching inside and holding the actual jack still.

Roxy13

Reaction score
PIO caps cure any problems with Gotoh PAFs, IMO.

I did put a whole new wiring harness into my niece's Fresher that had those pickups (or at least Goto lookalike ones), including PIO caps. But, I sill looked inside one of the pickups to be sure it really was a HB and not a single coil disguised to look like one!

JDZ

Reaction score
I like the Gotoh PAF's. In some guitars they seem to work really well.

I haven't seen one with 'T' stamp on it like that before. S, D and no letter stamps usually.

alainguitars

Reaction score
You might want to also/first replace the lead going to the output jack. It's about to snap off! That might be your only problem with the jack.

Someone must have tried to tighten the output jack nut without reaching inside and holding the actual jack still.
just had that happen to my Greco SG. I didn't notice it was loose and I guess just walking around with it plugged in sheared the output jack wires. Easy fix.

currypowder

Reaction score

Thanks for pointing that out. The lead was severely twisted, but still solidly attached. I have the guitar on the bench with its guts handing out, so I can't really get a good read on the old jack, yet.

Latest Threads