Spark Pearl by Positive Grid - new version or just aesthetics

darkvoice

Reaction score
I already own a Spark amp, which has been a fun piece of equipment.

Today I've got email from Digital Grid advertising new limited edition of Spark - Pearl:

I went through the specks of standard Spark and Pearl Limited, to me they look identical except for materials and finish used on the outside.

IMHO it's the same amp with few cosmetic tweaks.

Last edited:

Lungo

Reaction score
Looks the same to me. I wonder if the factory screwed up and made some in white? Perfect recovery would be to release a “limited edition.”

darkvoice

Reaction score
Looks the same to me. I wonder if the factory screwed up and made some in white? Perfect recovery would be to release a “limited edition.”
They used "gold piping" and "contrast stitching", so this was certainly done intentionally to sell these for the higher price.

I actually like dark color of the original one more, it is more practical than white one and is less prone to showing wear.

Eigen

Reaction score
They used "gold piping" and "contrast stitching", so this was certainly done intentionally to sell these for the higher price.

I actually like dark color of the original one more, it is more practical than white one and is less prone to showing wear.
Yeah, light color tolex is like having a light leather couch, looks great but your always extra careful, still ends up scratched up and dirty in the end though. :cool2:

Lungo

Reaction score
When did they start including a free copy of PreSonus? I bought my amp in November and don’t remember getting a link to download or anything.

JaxLPGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Email them. It's been a while. I remember missing it somehow also but they sent me a code.

I just wish they'd sell the damned case separately.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Except the amp also serves as a bluetooth speaker.
Some wives may be more receptive to one sitting in the living room if it doesn't look like a "damned guitar thing" ;) :rofl: :rofl:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did they start including a free copy of PreSonus? I bought my amp in November and don’t remember getting a link to download or anything.
It's a pretty basic version. I got the download coupon with mine (preorder) but I bought the full version on Amazon.

It's just an activation code on a card... nobody sends out CDs anymore :D

darkvoice

Reaction score
They must be desperate to sell Pearl version, I get daily emails from Positive Grid.

Latest Threads