spark amp

Skeletor

Reaction score
I just got an email from Positive Grid - said my Spark is now "Awaiting Shipment".
Assuming that means it is built and boxed up and waiting for the next transport ship to bring it across the pond.
Perhaps June is a possibility - lines up with my original prediction :) (Apparently I ordered on Jan. 16th)

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from Positive Grid - said my Spark is now "Awaiting Shipment".
Assuming that means it is built and boxed up and waiting for the next transport ship to bring it across the pond.
Perhaps June is a possibility - lines up with my original prediction :) (Apparently I ordered on Jan. 16th)
Same here, ordered Jan 3rd

Rhust

Reaction score
very nice! i still might pick up one in a few months... I just ordered a THR10ii I couldn't wait longer. and got it for 250... sweetwater demo.

maybe in a few months PG will have a supply chain figured out. that's the only reason I didn't wait... I need a quarantine amp NOW... not december. (well, I might need one in december too... who knows?)

ttbit

Reaction score
Same here from Dec 1st. : ) I close on my house tomorrow. I wonder if I get it before I am out of here. hahahahaha

Seems like a large span to have a bunch shipped this time.

Rhust

Reaction score
nice, be sure and post your impressions... I couldn't wait and got the THR10ii but I'm still thinking about ordering the spark as a xmas gift for myself :D

Lhdr

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use an ipad to control the spark while using a smartphone to stream youtube audio via Bluetooth to the spark amp?

I’m wondering if I can jam along with youtube coming through the spark at the same time I am controlling the spark on an ipad.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use an ipad to control the spark while using a smartphone to stream youtube audio via Bluetooth to the spark amp?

I’m wondering if I can jam along with youtube coming through the spark at the same time I am controlling the spark on an ipad.
That is an internal feature of the Spark app. Works with Youtube, Spotify, and one other service.
Drawback being, if you don't have a WiFi connection, the iPad would not be able to stream from the cell network.

The app connection to the Spark is Bluetooth, so I don't imagine you could use the app from one device while it is streaming from another.
I honestly don't know if it will function as an amp if you are using it as an extension speaker.

Lhdr

Reaction score
With my vox adio air, I can Bluetooth YouTube to the amp and jam along at same time. Maybe with this you could do the same thing but might be limited to just using the amp settings, not the app controller?

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, there are a lot of amps that can stream BT as an aux input while working as an amp.
I'm curious why you would want to use a 2nd device to stream YT when the regular app supports it? There is no need to have a separate smartphone for that function.

Here's some screenshots from the app.
I don't have the amp itself yet.
Notice the difference between the last two.
On the BB King and first Bonamassa videos, Spark has already analyzed them and the play-along chords are displayed.
On the search listing, you'll see some show "request analysis"... and the 2nd Bonamassa video is one of those.
But after the video is run through their AI, the play-along chords will be displayed.

And FWIW, the basic amp/effect functions would be fine on a regular phone, but the screen really is too small for the Smart-Jam functions. My Galaxy S5e has a nice display for it.

131922_Spark.jpg
131943_Spark.jpg
132008_Spark.jpg
132047_Spark.jpg
132239_Spark.jpg
132441_Spark.jpg
132452_Spark.jpg
133431_Spark.jpg

ttbit

Reaction score
Finally powered it up. It is louder than I expected. It sounds great and I haven't even connected my phone to it or anything yet. One great thing is that no matter how I have it pointing, it sounds the same. This is so much nicer to my ears than my AX8 using a PA setup. This should be perfect for me. I'll store a few profiles and just turn it on and play!!!

I like the feel of Bias FX and is one reason I chose this. It seems to make me sound better than I am. : ) I can't believe the presets actually sound OK. The crunch sounds a little dark even after tweaking the knobs, but I am sure it is a pedal in the config that needs tweaking.

Rhust

Reaction score
I bit the bullet. it might be December before I see it, but I can't shake the bug. every review and demo has been pretty amazing. I'll have to compare the spark to the THR10ii when the spark arrives.

I'll probably only keep one of them

dancsgrv

Reaction score
Now if I just had time to open it. :( Flooring has to be done first.

View attachment 465183
Glad to see somone actually got one! I saw these months ago and thought it was really interesting. However, nobody was getting them and I started to think they were like the Elio car that has been taking orders since 2014 and still hasn't produced one.

mdubya

Reaction score
Finally powered it up. It is louder than I expected. It sounds great and I haven't even connected my phone to it or anything yet. One great thing is that no matter how I have it pointing, it sounds the same. This is so much nicer to my ears than my AX8 using a PA setup. This should be perfect for me. I'll store a few profiles and just turn it on and play!!!

I like the feel of Bias FX and is one reason I chose this. It seems to make me sound better than I am. : ) I can't believe the presets actually sound OK. The crunch sounds a little dark even after tweaking the knobs, but I am sure it is a pedal in the config that needs tweaking.
Great news! Thanks for sharing that! :thumb:

ttbit

Reaction score
Smaller than I thought it would be too. Connected with the app and played with some settings. The "cloud" presets are as bad as the Bias FX shared presets, so maybe they are the same. hahahaha This is going to be good for me. As soon as I find where I packed my headphones, I will try those out too.

spark.jpg

Latest Threads