spark amp

Lungo

Reaction score
Did that with my tablet and phone a couple of times.

Take any preset they have in Spark Amp. Turn off ALL the pedals. Change the Amp to the Soldano amp model, tweak the EQ a tad gain to taste. Then possibly move to a TS in front and verb after.
Something like that was my next step. Start from scratch with no pedals and tweak some stuff.:thumb:

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Something like that was my next step. Start from scratch with no pedals and tweak some stuff.:thumb:
Great minds :) I mentioned the Slo model because I think it's a good rock/hard rock model of theirs.

Lungo

Reaction score
Great minds :) I mentioned the Slo model because I think it's a good rock/hard rock model of theirs.

Plugged in my 7 string with active pickups and pulled up the SLO. Only took 5 minutes or so to get a really good tight chug. Dialed in a really cool medium gain tone with the JTM 45 also. :dude:

Lungo

Reaction score
I’ve spent quite a bit of time with the spark and I have to say I’m more and more impressed. My “real” amp is a Mesa Mark V and I’m somewhat of a tube snob but the spark has some good tones if you’re willing to do a little tweaking. I’m using mostly classic Marshall and boosted Marshall patches and they sound good in a mix playing along with songs. Thats been the most fun so far actually, and probably the best feature of this amp.

Lungo

Reaction score
PSA, they are up to 30% off for Black Friday. Actually $10~ cheaper then when I bought it on sale last time with the bag.

Wow. I thought $250 was a great deal. $239 is even better.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you’re willing to do a little tweaking.

Bingo! We have a winner.... Like -- A N Y -- programmable ANYTHING, the stock patches were not played by you on your guitar.... Tweak it for you and you can have some killer tonez.....

Lungo

Reaction score
Only $30 more than I paid and had to wait nearly a year to get it to my house. : )
Yeah I remember reading about pre-orders being made and the wait times. Not good PR strategy in my opinion. I waited because I wanted to see real user reviews and I wanted to see stock on hand ready to ship.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I remember reading about pre-orders being made and the wait times. Not good PR strategy in my opinion. I waited because I wanted to see real user reviews and I wanted to see stock on hand ready to ship.
It was a crowd-funded thing, but they underpriced and didn't anticipate the demand... they got slammed like Toyota is on the Rav4 Prime.
Then adding in production delays due to the C-word, that likely began in China over a year ago.

The ONLY reason that I bought into it, as I normally steer clear of "Gofundme" and "Indegogo" products, is because PG is not a new company and they have a long track record of both quality hardware and software products.
Many have not heard of them because their hardware products are not low-end, they don't offer a full line with combo amps, and it's not a line you're going to see on the shelf at Guitar Center. It's more of a studio-oriented company.
The Spark is their first offering that combines their Bias software tech with a combo amp.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they had no clue of then coming demand.... Not a single fraction of a clue....

I will say this though for the eleventy-seventh time, their tracker couldn't find dirt in a cornfield.... ZERO excuse for that....

edro.

jkes01

Reaction score
Bumping cause they are on sale for $224 USD using code TJRHB51109W1S. :thumb:

Emailed my support contact to check on the status of my grounded power supply and he said it should ship this month. :fingersx:

For anyone interested, I came across this video for making the amp battery powered. Link to the power pack in his description.

Also ordered a USB midi to lighting cable to connect the amp to my iPad to record into GarageBand. I’ll have to wait ‘til Xmas to try it out.

For those curious to the guts of this thing, here’s a tear down of the amp and speaker replacement I found.

Last edited:

Deftone

Reaction score
Does anyone not like it? Anyone regret buying it?

jkes01

Reaction score
No regrets here. It is not going to do things other bigger amps can do, but it is really versatile, sounds good and allows me to have a guitar amp in the living room without making my wife unhappy.

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

jkes01

Reaction score
I downloaded Tyler’s preset, haven’t had a chance to check them out yet.

Latest Threads