Sources of SG Info- Upcoming SG Custom build

jonny

Reaction score
About two days ago, it suddenly dawned on me that I NEED a white SG.

The body is already glued up. I had a 11" wide Fijian Mahogany board, so I just glued on a few "wings" for the widest parts of the body. Yay for solid colours!

Right now I have a plan that I think came from Project Guitar.com. Just for rough preliminary reference. But I'm not sure how accurate any of it is. My plan is to do a vintage accurate replica build. Most likely a '63 Custom.

Can anyone recommend some good sources of info on vintage SG's? So far I'm going of off the provide.net info, but theres not much there. It mentions the 63 neck joint being somehow different than the 61, which I hadn't heard of before.

Right now I'm going through Magnus' 63 Junior 3D file thread. Im sure I'll find enouh to go on eventually, but if anyone knows of some good sources it would be a great help :)

And if not, well that's ok! We can just talk about SG's anyway :dude:

12025_Gibson_Custom_SG_Custom_Classic_White_Maestro_CS104059_1.jpg

Bgetraer

Reaction score
There are several very good sg builds on here that will probably come up if you google them, and i am sure that you can get lots of info/pics to help you.

good luck, the white sg custom (or rather les paul custom) is by far my favorite design, so i am excited to see this! :thumb:

benjy getraer

poro78

Noble savage
Reaction score
I would be interested in decent plans also. :D

Latest Threads