Source for ready to apply to neck fretboards

cmh6122

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source where one could purchase a Gibson scale fretboard with binding (preferably with nibs) ready to install?

fatdaddypreacher

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i'm sure there are tons of people on this forum that could build you one. if you already have the neck, precise measurements are a must,as there is little to no wiggle room in fitting the new board. however, if you're building a new neck and just don't want the hassle of building your own fretboard, it is a lot easier to have one made, then trim the neck to fit it. what are your needs?

emoney

Reaction score
Actually, I bought a couple from Evilbay that were Asian imports that I wasn't disappointed with.
There's a Canadian retailer, who's name escapes me, that carries a ton of stuff for building.
Now, don't get me wrong, we're not talking about Braz boards here, but the truth is, my
fingers can't tell the difference so what they don't know can't hurt them.

Here's an example;

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Guitar-Builder-Luthier-Supply-/47067/m.html?item=400566033660&hash=item5d43989cfc&pt=Guitar_Accessories&_ssn=goodbuy711

I bought one, got to me in less that 8 days I think too.

bruce bennett

Banned
Reaction score
Not cheap by super nice quality and a really good guy:
This is not really a bad deal for a Brazilian rosewood board with Vintage Correct inlays and binding..

Just those 3 things alone add up to 225.00 in just parts.
so, if you only added another 25. for fretwire, your glues, sandpaper and inlay bits and your at 250.00 in just parts and supplies.

So 149.00 labor to thickness, taper, radius, slot, inlay, fret and bind a Braz fretboard is a very fair deal really.
and I'm thinking he's using a CNC to do all this.

doing it by hand should make it cost at least 100 more.

boompiday

Reaction score
This is not really a bad deal for a Brazilian rosewood board with Vintage Correct inlays and binding..

Just those 3 things alone add up to 225.00 in just parts.
so, if you only added another 25. for fretwire, your glues, sandpaper and inlay bits and your at 250.00 in just parts and supplies.

So 149.00 labor to thickness, taper, radius, slot, inlay, fret and bind a Braz fretboard is a very fair deal really.
and I'm thinking he's using a CNC to do all this.

doing it by hand should make it cost at least 100 more.
He does use a CNC to do all/most of the work...I bought three of them last year and they are really nice. I paid about $100 less per finished board at that time

bruce bennett

Banned
Reaction score
He does use a CNC to do all/most of the work...I bought three of them last year and they are really nice. I paid about $100 less per finished board at that time
so he's wised up in a year..:cool:

if I had a CNC machine I could trust, I would do the exact same thing.
there is obviously a market for this.

ihavenofish

Reaction score
I pondered doing ready to install boards. like so:

that one got bound with nibs. don't have a pic of the binding.

Latest Threads