Source for MIJ Pots?

Puck Luck

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I have a burny sg with one bad pot and one that reads low at 400k that I want to swap out. Want to keep it as original as possible within reason so no CTS. I'd feel dirty sticking a big Ole' American pot in a little Japanese hole. haha These look like a good substitute for the money assuming they aren't fake and just branded Japanese or something. Haven't had much luck searching otherwise and figured I'd ask the experts before I pull the trigger if you guys know of a good place.

Roxy13

Reaction score
They can be kind of hard to find even in Japan.

Philadelphia Luthier just got metric CTS pots back in stock so the right size for the little Japanese holes lol. That would probably be the best and easiest choice.

If you really want Japanese pots I have a bunch of old ones here. What do yours look like as I have various brands from various guitars.

Puck Luck

Reaction score
Hey Roxy, thanks. If you have an exact replacement that would be awesome. Trying to restore these guitars I've been snatching up as original as possible. So trying for japanese pots to keep it close. I need an A500k and a B500k. No markings whatsoever besides values. If you end up having some and are willing to let them go just message me and name your price!
1_ZYpBSAe0dC4_ha-3GhcO9Q.jpeg

1987-burny-rsg-control-cavity-min.jpg

Roxy13

Reaction score
Ok, let me look through stuff today and see if I can match the same pots. I do have some Burny SG harnesses here. And a ton of LP harnesses.

If you pay shipping, I'll be happy. I know they were working when I took them out as anything that's so messed up I couldn't possibly want it goes into the trash. And yes, I have bought guitars that had pots so filthy you couldn't turn the shafts.

Puck Luck

Reaction score
Damn, I haven't seen that yet with pots. Just tuners. The bad pot in question has a bad shaft and you can almost pull it out. You are the man, thanks Roxy. No rush, whenever you get a chance. I've got plenty of work to do before I can use it. (Frets,body.etc)

Puck Luck

Reaction score
It's pretty cool we have some ladies who rock in here. I'll make sure to bite my tongue in the future when it comes to bad jokes. lol

Roxy13

Reaction score
I guess we are used to that too lol. The stuff a lot of guys write in the Backstage probably makes most of them leave before we even know they showed up.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Well, I only have ammo for my gun lol.

Ok, I have only 3 harnesses sitting here with MIJ pots that are 500k. The two from old Burny SGs are Noble pots, which only have markings on the side that say Noble and 500k A and B. And there is a another harness that has pots that says 500k A and B and have a G on them and also say Made in Japan.

You are welcome to all 3 if you want them.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Apparently I've thrown out more than I thought I did or already scavenged parts to help others out.

frehley76

Reaction score
I have a few sets of pots from some of my Japanese guitars as well that I don't use. They don't have the same writing though as yours.

Grenville

Reaction score
"Peeps" is probably safe to say, Puck.

But then there might be assumptions about how old you are, its own can of worms. ;)

Latest Threads