Sort of NGD - Finished my Deluxe to 50s P-90 conversion!

slaveone

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
Can't do the Lecia, will make do with my Canon T3i - I also love Photography and on a learning trip. I can try out your settings though, maybe the most important part.
Good stuff indeed.

The T3i is a great camera! I am still using my ancient 10D (I was a Canon film guy back in the day, so my lenses carried over). Even though it's a smaller imager, it has fantastic color accuracy. These days, though, I'm more into compact and unobtrusive shooting, so I'm spending more and more time with the Leica. I still use my Canon for travels and detailed work, but no more event shooting for me.

slaveone

Reaction score
Added period correct knobs and got the pickguard mounted. Wahoo!

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

slaveone

Reaction score
The lighting and camera really emphasize the difference in pickup covers and pickguard. It's not nearly that bad to the naked eye, but I may get some different covers at some point (as mentioned above).

Fordfrk195

Reaction score
That looks really good. I'm thinking about doing the same thing to the deluxe I just ordered. I already have the pickups and knobs

slaveone

Reaction score
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I finally put the finishing touches on...a little late, hah!

New ABR-1 bridge, lightweight aluminum tailpiece
19.jpg

Close-up
20.jpg

It's hard to tell but I found brown plate covers for the back. They look close to black in the photo, but they're a pretty decent brown. Maybe not 100% accurate, but I'll take it!
21.jpg

slaveone

Reaction score
Where did you get the braided wire?

Can't remember now. I think some random eBay seller. It was probably around $.75 to $1 a foot. I'm sure a spool is cheaper by the foot, but I still have several feet left for my other upcoming projects so I don't really mind the small premium.

Farquad

Reaction score
Looks great! I put P90's in my goldtop deluxe as well. The sound is pure magic.

NRBQ

Reaction score
Great job, I love Goldtops, Deluxes, Mini Hums, P-90s, everything really. I've got the same Deluxe myself and although I don't think I'll ever change out the mini hums I love knowing that I can convert it to a P-90 if my tastes ever change. One thing I am going to do though is convert it to traditional wiring at some point. Again, what a beautiful job you've done. Congratulations!

Latest Threads