Sorry but can I ask about strap locks?

Cghouse666

Reaction score
I recently bought a used lp studio with strap locks . My advice is always check for looseness before and after playing. I'm thinking bout adding some Elmer's wood glue or locktite for more strength. Strap locks are safer than stock but are not perfect.

Rango

Reaction score
"Ghetto", eh? :hmm:

The white balance in your photo is WAY off, and they're not pink. They're red, and blue-red at that. When I care about appearances that much, I'll take up canoeing. :thumb:
Maybe the white balance in my eyes is off too. They look JUST like the picture in person. :thumb:

I grew up in Long Beach... Same area that gave us such luminaries as "Snoop Dogg". I've some experience with "Getto". Of course I am running a PURPLE strap with lighting bolts so I may not be a good reference point for "fashion" :D
:laugh2::laugh2:

Davism77

Reaction score
Thanks all - sounds like I can't assume the Dunlop screws will fit.

fiveightandten

Reaction score
I've seen both Dunlops and Schallers let go and send a guitar falling to the floor. I have yet to see a strap slip past a washer and send the guitar flying.

Here's my SG, but I have them on all my guitars

My other guitar player was a diehard Schaller guy. He bought a LP Custom last year. I gave him a few washers, but he elected to put some Schallers on the guitar instead. 2 weeks later, while putting the guitar on, one got twisted in the wrong direction and the body slipped down and landed on his foot. He's lucky it hit his foot and not the concrete floor. By our next practice the schallers were in the garbage and the washers were on the guitar (actually, he went out and got some gold ones to match the hardware. Done and done). :slash:

Rango

Reaction score
My other guitar player was a diehard Schaller guy. He bought a LP Custom last year. I gave him a few washers, but he elected to put some Schallers on the guitar instead. 2 weeks later, while putting the guitar on, one got twisted in the wrong direction and the body slipped down and landed on his foot.
So how did it get past the locking pin? :shock: It's "better" to have the button resting in the "U" shaped receiver but the locking pin holds even if you had it pointed at the floor? :hmm:

How do you get your strap off the guitar to put it in the case? Screwdriver? :hmm:

nauc

Reaction score
when i put my strap on, i wiggle and pull on it to make sure my Schallers have locked it in

i did have to use the stock Gibson screws, the Schaller screws wouldnt work

the button near the neck needed no mods

for the one near the bridge, i had to grind down the screw head a tiny tiny bit and drill out the button hole a tiny tiny bit

turned out perfect

fiveightandten

Reaction score
So how did it get past the locking pin? :shock: It's "better" to have the button resting in the "U" shaped receiver but the locking pin holds even if you had it pointed at the floor? :hmm:

How do you get your strap off the guitar to put it in the case? Screwdriver? :hmm:
I don't use the things, i'm not sure how he managed to get it to come loose. But I did cringe when I saw it hurdling towards the basement floor. :fingersx:

I have a separate strap for each of my guitars. Straps stay on when they go in the case, I see no need to ever take them off. One less thing to worry about. :cool:

brokenarrow5

Reaction score
i have a strap for every guitar i own-- never change them and use schallers-- i am not afraid--

Tanner

Reaction score
I'm the kind of guy that practically throws his guitar around onstage, so I use DiMarzio Cliplock straps/locks.

thing

Reaction score
I do the Schaller, only because I have introduced them into my guitars for almost 15 years. So it's just easier for me to schaller a new guitar than to change systems. It's a cheap, effective and secure system to introduce to any new guitar I buy. Never failed me, but I ALWAYS regularly check the guitar itself for lose fittings.

Kerry_King

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Fw_fpkRjs]LOXX -- The smart strap lock - YouTube[/ame]

Take a look at LOXX strap locks. They have been used on cars and boats since the 1920's. Very reliable, made in Germany, and easy installation.

History - LOXX USA

River

Reaction score
Here's how much I trust the bottle washers:

That R8 hung like that for almost 24 hours, in a house full of rampaging cats conducting Civil War battle reenactments.

If the red annoys you, take a Sharpie to it.

chef

Reaction score

That R8 hung like that for almost 24 hours, in a house full of rampaging cats conducting Civil War battle reenactments.

Hey River, I can give you some peach/pink rubber washers from French Limonaide.

They work even better because they are imported FRENCH rubber.

But actually that trick is the best thing that the MLP forums has taught me. You just need to like beer or other non alcoholic beverages. Great forums and great knowledge shared here.:dude:

RedSkwirrell

Reaction score
Looks a bit getto to have bright pink washer on a nice guitar but it is functional. :laugh2:
They are a bit bright.
Not wishing to diss them, but mine are darker and matt ("Newcastle Brown Ale").
Gives 'em more of a dirty-guitar street-cred' look.
You might want to try them out, exactly the same function, just a bit of a better look.

[There will always be "Hey Dumb-Ass" types in forums.., they're the guys who just heard they didn't get the gig. :cool:]

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score

That is pretty brave!

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Schaller for me.

I surgically removed the head off my Epi Les Paul before by interfacing it with my Wah pedal. I then decided that strap locks were the way to go. I only have two guitars but use Schallers on both.

One thing I am not sure about us using some lubrication in the U on the strap (that cradles the pin). Do you guys do that?

And of course - the U should not be lined up with the length of the strap, the U should be positioned so that it holds the guitar in your typical position. So in effect the U will be on an angle from the main line of the strap.

nutsauce

Reaction score
They don't sell Grolsch where I live...WTF. Does PBR have washers? :applause:

Latest Threads