Songwriters

Fret Hopper

Reaction score
There's some song writers I am not familiar with in the lists. Gonna have to do some focused sonic research. Thanks for the input ya'll!

JTM45

Reaction score
I think some country artists are fantastic as well, one that comes to mind is Miranda Lambert, she’s not a cerebral writer but an emotional writer which hits the belly a little differently for me.

S. Rock

Reaction score
I think some country artists are fantastic as well, one that comes to mind is Miranda Lambert, she’s not a cerebral writer but an emotional writer which hits the belly a little differently for me.

if we include Country artist, can't leave out Hank Williams, Sr.

S. Rock

Reaction score
I'm glad to see John Prine make a couple of the list. I was first introduced to Mr. Prine back in 1974 just after I got out of the Army. a friend would play his albums over and over and over again. after I got used to his voice, I started to appreciate his songwriting. he has a unique way of phrasing his songs.

Last edited:

meatball

Reaction score
Harry Chapin... Gone too soon..
My all time favorite story teller is Harry Chapin ,, Flowers are Red, Cory’s Coming , Bananas , W-O-L-D. Taxi, Sequel, Sniper, A Better Place To Be, Man I could talk for hours about Harry Chapin. He deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame now .

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
My all time favorite story teller is Harry Chapin ,, Flowers are Red, Cory’s Coming , Bananas , W-O-L-D. Taxi, Sequel, Sniper, A Better Place To Be, Man I could talk for hours about Harry Chapin. He deserves to be in the Hall Of Fame now .

My Dad used to play so much Harry Chapin in the house growing up. I have a real soft spot for him...great songwriter!

TheX

Doctor Jimmy
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roger Waters
Dolly Parton

Latest Threads