Sometimes life is cruel ....

BKS

Reaction score
I voluntere at a local kinda pettingzoo. After a good season and lots of young stock being born today i found this little girl barely hanging on to life. Took her home and keep her warm, she probably will pass away soon. She is to far gone already i fear.
DSC_1175_compress0.jpg

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Poor thing, thank you for making her comfortable

Reactions: BKS

BKS

Reaction score
Woman ;)

She is holding on but getting weaker and her twitching is making her a little uncomfortable. She is not so cold anymore but still feels cold, Just a sign her body is shutting down. She is wrapped in a big towel keeping her as comfy as possible, gave her a little sugar water.

NRBQ

Reaction score
God Bless you for the care you gave, it's comforting as an animal lover to know the humanity within you eased her passing with dignity and love. Again God Bess and all my best to you, please keep up your good work, it's worth your efforts. Robert

BKS

Reaction score
Short before passing she got a little uneasy and started calling out a little. Picked her up and put her on my chest cuddling her. When she calmed down i put her back and got up to take something to the kitchen. Came back and noticed a tear from her eye, checked her and she was gone...

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Doesn't the petting zoo where you volunteer have a vet to call? I am certainly not criticizing you for doing what you could. In fact I salute you for that! Rather, I just think some medical reinforcements should have been made available to you.

Reactions: BKS

KP11520

Reaction score
I don''t understand how any petting zoo would NOT have Vets on call?

How did this get that far and not be addressed?

Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
how sad.

You tried, I'm sure there's a place for you.

I found a litter of abandoned kittens once...two were gone but the larger white one had crawled away....and was barley clinging on. We tried the same thing, the kitten died a few hours later.

If there is something wrong with the animal at birth the mother will abandon them, its just the life course that animals are capable of....

BKS

Reaction score
Doesn't the petting zoo where you volunteer have a vet to call? I am certainly not criticizing you for doing what you could. In fact I salute you for that! Rather, I just think some medical reinforcements should have been made available to you.
Yes there is but weekend vet has to come from belgium. They don't come over for a fading lamb. Had something like this happen with one of our kerry hills few years ago. I made him come and that sheep made it. This little baby was already to far gone, not in pain and nothing would have saved her. If she was suffering i would have taken her to a local vet to put her down but beside the twitching (that went after sugarwater was given) she was comfy.... It was my choice to not stress her ;)

BKS

Reaction score
I don''t understand how any petting zoo would NOT have Vets on call?

How did this get that far and not be addressed?
It Just happens. It is life. They can waste very fast.