Something I ran across...

dasherf17

Reaction score
I wasn't sure what topic to put this under...
"Oops! We ran into some problems..."
is what the heading read when I clicked in "what does nitrocellulose sound like?"
Curious as to what happened...it also says that it may be I don't have access to that thread...why?

LP1865

Reaction score
is what the heading read when I clicked in "what does nitrocellulose sound like?"
Curious as to what happened...it also says that it may be I don't have access to that thread...why?
Reload page. Happens all the time

dasherf17

Reaction score
Reload page. Happens all the time
I did, but will keep trying...it's an unusual question not to give it a few runs...
I suppose it depends on whether it's from s spray gun or a rattle can... :rolleyes:
Thanks for the tip!

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was squashed by the Mods.

They're funny that way;)

Last edited:

Brooklyn Zeke

Reaction score
Nitrocellulose is a lacquer finish. As such, it makes no sounds. Nor does it affect the sonic characteristics of a solid bodied electric guitar. If you think it does affect the tone of a solid-bodied electric guitar, how did you come to that conclusion? Did you hook it up to an oscilloscope to analyze the waveforms both before and after you removed the finish? If not, you'd have no way of discerning what fraction of its sonic characteristics is due to the nitrocellulose finish, if any. If you say you can hear a difference, you're either lying, imagining that, or under the influence of hallucinogens.
Next!

Latest Threads