Someone hit my Subaru

scott1970

Reaction score
I still have my lifted Rubicon to meet all my teeny wanger/masculine driving needs, but I’m smitten with the Subaru. And it’s fun to joke about, and I’m all about humor. The guys at work wear me out about it.

Sadly, my little Outback is no longer visiting Starbucks. We both will miss their breve latte, but it’s more than apparent Starbucks does not want my money.

scrumm21

Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen :photos:

seriously tho...if it it went thru the paint and has to be sanded down and resprayed you would be looking at anywhere between $500-700 most likely. More if it's a 3 stage finish

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Sorry about your Car.

Be lucky it wasn't totaled like my truck a few weeks back. The BS I have been dealing with has pissed me off.

It was rear ended and bent the frame.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
Someone hit the left rear bumper on my 2015 Crosstrek last year. Didn't notice it until I got home. Luckily the bumper popped out, so I just had to get the corner of the bumper painted, but very annoying!

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
No joke, sorry to hear your car got hit.

But really Scott, a Subaru?

View attachment 427396
Nothing wrong with the vehicle (not on my radar for purchase, but solid auto). However, I have noticed the only people that tell you more about how awesome their Subaru is than Subaru owners are Jeep owners. Like the vegans of car owners.

Lex

Reaction score
I rode my Sport down to Trader Joe’s and parked the bike in one of the spots near the entrance. I came out 10 minutes later and there were a few people standing around the bike. A guy says... is this your bike? Uh, yeah. He says - some guy sat on it and dropped it. Sure enough, some kook sat on it, upright, lost balance, and leaned the bike over onto the blacktop. Was told the guy picked it back up and split. No major damage, but was a bummer.

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
That's not the perps.... that's the Subaru!

When I first heard of the "Subarus are for lesbians" thing I thought... "that's not true, my mom drives a Subaru".

True story, not just funny for this thread..... my mom came out to the family as gay while she still owned that car.

My daughter (also gay) said "see... I told you!".

hmmm my daughter is 31 and unmarried and no kids....and she drives a Subaru.... :hmm:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just found the damage this morning. Someone tagged the rear passenger side bumper and left a nice little scratch and scuff.

I’m so mad I want to use plastics, kill whales, and toss my Starbucks at the person who did this.
Ahh, so Greta did it.

dissaffected

Reaction score
We once had a sales consultant come into our lives at work to learn us how to be better at sales. Her first question of folks was to ask what car they drive. The assumption was that great sales folks drive class. The boss man immediately fired her post that meeting as our biggest rev generator in sales drove a 10 yr old Volvo.

From that point forward I never made any assumptions about a person based on what they drove. So Officer Scott- hang in there

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
... The assumption was that great sales folks drive class.....
I've always been bothered by the idea that "what you drive says a lot about you".

While the idea has some merit.. .what your car "says about you" might not be obvious. It might say "you see a car as a tool, and you don't bother getting a new hammer until the old one doesn't work anymore".

It might say "you aren't so possession-focused that you want something new and shiny".

But on the other hand.. it might be VERY calculated. Our CEO drives a no-more-than-4-years-old Mercury.

It's calculated. It needs to be a US brand, It needs to be decent, but not luxury.

He makes these decisions not for himself, but for the potential client who might believe the garbage of "what you drive says a lot about you".

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Automobiles are the most inaccurate status symbols out there. Dealers will gladly sign up any schmuck to a payment plan they can't afford because they can always repo. So a kid working at McDonalds can drive a Lexus and fool a few people into thinking he's a high roller. Meanwhile, Warren Buffet still lives in a house he paid $31,500 for in Omaha, Nebraska in 1958.