Someone broke into my truck

ArrogantBastard

Reaction score
Feel for ya, man. A few months back my neighbor came over and said that she had caught some younger kids spray painting on the side of one of my vans in the early morning. I was so angry. Could've beaten them senseless had I caught them. Probably better I didn't catch them. And probably better YOU didn't catch those fools.
Insurance rates going up def does blow though =[

old mark

Reaction score
bout 2 months ago, someone broke out the entire passenger's side front window in my old Santa Fe. They took NOTHING, just broke out all the glass and jammed a steel rod into the window channel. Cost $200 to have it replaced. Last year, someone scratched every painted panel on the same Santa Fe, deep, like with a key. There is not a place on it that does not have a scratch on it.
Called police, took them over an hour to get there. Gave me a report number, and that's it.

My neighbors are all assholes.

mark
Sent a form to my insurance company, and never heard a word from them.

Bandit79

Reaction score
Well I got great news today, some bad though.

Riverside Sherrif Department caught the bastards! :woohoo:

It was 3 Mexicans, each about 20-25 years old. Apparently they burglarized over 30 cars that night, starting from 6:00pm(pst) on St. Patties day until they got pulled over at around 5:30am the following morning. They were busted before I even knew my truck had been broken into.

It was 2 guys that broke into the vehicles, and they would take the stolen merchandise to another guys house. When they got pulled over and rousted, they squealed like pigs. Then the police got a search warrant and got everybody's stuff from the house.

Got a phone call today to go to the precinct and identify my belongings, and I get to pick them up in a few days after they're done taking down the information for evidence.

The bad news, they didn't find my Hypertech programmer(no bid deal as i have a Black Bear tune now, but its the principle that it was my property) or a set of tools, but they did get my stereo head unit and my big set of tools, so I'm pretty happy over all. :)

Score 1 Police, 0 Criminal

Justice baby! Sweet, sweet Justice :dude:

Luckynumber3

Reaction score

It was 3 Mexicans, each about 20-25 years old. Apparently they burglarized over 30 cars that night, starting from 6:00pm(pst) on St. Patties day until they got pulled over at around 5:30am the following morning. They were busted before I even knew my truck had been broken into.

It was 2 guys that broke into the vehicles, and they would take the stolen merchandise to another guys house. When they got pulled over and rousted, they squealed like pigs. Then the police got a search warrant and got everybody's stuff from the house.

Got a phone call today to go to the precinct and identify my belongings, and I get to pick them up in a few days after they're done taking down the information for evidence.

The bad news, they didn't find my Hypertech programmer(no bid deal as i have a Black Bear tune now, but its the principle that it was my property) or a set of tools, but they did get my stereo head unit and my big set of tools, so I'm pretty happy over all. :)

Wow, just read this entire thread, and I must say congrats! Would be interesting to see what happens to the guys or the guys they bring the stuff to...

I guess if they hit up 30 cars, their crime spree was so big that it got them noticed. Kind of dumb- sounds like they got themselves caught by stealing a bit too much.

05jrock

Reaction score

You should ask the cops to turn a blind eye while you give the thieving pieces of shit a kick in the nuts.
Thieves are lowest of the low.

Roberteaux

Broken Dog
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Riverside Sherrif Department caught the bastards!

Cool beans! Glad to hear the burglars were caught. For all the PITA of it, it's better that they at least didn't go into your house.

I can't stand burglars, and never could... especially if the burglar is a the sort of bastard who likes to invade homes while the owners are inside, asleep. Other than them, the juvies are usually the worst because they like to vandalize things, along with ripping people off.

--R

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, write a note to yourself that it's there. Then pull the pin on a grenade and wedge it between the seat and door. Also get a good high pressure washer for after.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Cool beans! Glad to hear the burglars were caught. For all the PITA of it, it's better that they at least didn't go into your house.

I can't stand burglars, and never could... especially if the burglar is a the sort of bastard who likes to invade homes while the owners are inside, asleep. Other than them, the juvies are usually the worst because they like to vandalize things, along with ripping people off.

--R

Most burglars will avoid places where people might be home because of the fear that the homeowner may have a gun (there are multiple scientific studies that back this up). Burglars and/or home-invaders who proceed, despite evidence that the homeowner is home, are either familiar with committing violent crime and/or very inexperienced. In either case, they are extremely dangerous. At my house, they'd also be known as ordinance-catchers.

bscenefilms

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your rates should not change on a comprehensive claim.

stmfitr636

Reaction score
That sucks. I leave my car unlocked so they don't have to break my shit to steal nothing.

FWW, I live on a heavily wooded lot. I cut a shooting lane down to my workshop... in the unlikely event of my being home when broken into and can get shots off from my bedroom window.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

That's great man. You go down and serenaded the little pricks with I Fought The Law And the Law Won.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
The Title should read:

SIMILAR NECRO THREADS

1641426070240.png

DavGrape

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
"That won't deter people from stealing."

"It will deter him from stealing."

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Almost 10 years later... water under the bridge.

And what's with necroing?
Are we gonna get into it big time?
Is it the new fad?
Old corpses should remain buried.

:dunno:

DavGrape

In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Life is like a selfie hair-cut..."
_________Gump

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Careful with the intentional necroing.
It has resulted in at least one ban...

Latest Threads