Someone broke into my truck

Bandit79

Reaction score
Awesome. :rolleyes: Just the thing to get me out of bed quick, fast and in a hurry.

My father woke me up this morning and informed me that someone had broken into my truck. Apparently, the person used a screwdriver to pop out my lock on my door. They stole my stereo, all my tools, my old Hypertech programmer and the best part.... They left my truck open while it was pouring rain all night. Whole truck upholstery is soaked. :shock:

I had an Officer pull up to my house after being at the neighbors, which the Officer informed me that these people robbed about 8 other people in my block, and they keep getting more calls about burglarized vehicles.

All in all, about $1000 worth of stuff stolen from me, so I'm probably turning it into my insurance since I'm covered for theft, though I'll technically be paying for it since my monthly rate will go up.

The kids are lucky that I didn't hear them break into my truck as I would have done some sick sh*t. You know, break their hands, take their I'D so I have their address, brand them, etc. Well no, I wouldn't have done that, probably just break their hands. Definitely would have pulled one of my AR's on them. Some good, ol' fashion street justice.

One guy down the street from me got his own whole leather upholstery cut up in his new Silverado from these assholes.

Anyways, I'm just trying to blow off some steam since I dont smoke anymore. I'm pretty frustrated at the moment, mainly because my privacy and space has been infiltrated by scum. More reason why I'm going to be a Police Officer.

Thanks for reading fellas :cool:.

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I know your pain.

I've chased and caught a few. Teens...so what are you going to do besides call the cops and hold them. Believe me, I wanted to punch him right in the chops but then I would probably get arrested too.

The first one was like 17-18 and was a Cadet in the forces. I felt kind of bad for him but at the same time, I was sick of kids trying to get in my cars. I even have outdoor vid cams, signs everywhere in the parking lot....stupid, stupid, stupid. I keep the cars well light up too.

The police are good here though, they patrol my street more often now. I'm the only resident in the area. It's industrial....so anyone here looks out of place after 5pm

Bandit79

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm still pretty frustrated but it's over with and there's nothing I can do about it now. Hopefully they're caught and I get my stuff back, but I honestly have little faith.

That sucks man but isnt it kind of funny your user name is Bandit79

Funny? Not at all. Do you mean ironic? I suppose, but my username is a reference to me owning a '79 Trans Am and I'm a fan of the movie Smokey and the Bandit, in which the Bandit drives a Trans Am and is not a thief.

Sinster

Reaction score
You know what the f*cked up thing would be if you had caught them and beat the leaving sh*t of them. You would have been sued and found guilty of A&B.

nbeersiii

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm still pretty frustrated but it's over with and there's nothing I can do about it now. Hopefully they're caught and I get my stuff back, but I honestly have little faith.

Funny? Not at all. Do you mean ironic? I suppose, but my username is a reference to me owning a '79 Trans Am and I'm a fan of the movie Smokey and the Bandit, in which the Bandit drives a Trans Am and is not a thief.

Yes Ironic is what I meant. What color is your thunderchicken?

CHUNKYNECK

Reaction score
What a sh!t thing to happen. I hope they catch them. I had my landcruiser broken into a few years back. Same thing, it was in my driveway. Anyway they also got the keys to my other car along with some tools etc.
I had to change the locks on both cars and i ended up making a board the same size as the seat base with about thirty 4 inch nails driven through. I placed it under the seat cover on the drivers seat every night hoping those pricks would come back for another shot. I was praying for them to try steal it again so i could hear the screams when those nails went through their ball sack.:laugh2:
They didn't come back unfortunately.

jcsk8

Reaction score
Sad. I hate thiefs. I´m kinda hysteric about beind robbed.
This week I moved my office air compressor because they cut the chain that locks the door, probably looking for something that they didn´t found.
Also reinforce the main door locks.

Bandit79

Reaction score
You know what the f*cked up thing would be if you had caught them and beat the leaving sh*t of them. You would have been sued and found guilty of A&B.

Yes I know, but I'm sure the scum bag can't afford an attorney, proven by stealing. I wouldn't actually beat someone over this, as I live in California and don't need the legal problems(time to move to Texas!). I would just subdue them and hold the guy on the floor at gun point until police came.

Yes Ironic is what I meant. What color is your thunderchicken?

All black baby! It's completely restored also. I'll post some pictures later, as its too dark tonight.

What a sh!t thing to happen. I hope they catch them. I had my landcruiser broken into a few years back. Same thing, it was in my driveway. Anyway they also got the keys to my other car along with some tools etc.
I had to change the locks on both cars and i ended up making a board the same size as the seat base with about thirty 4 inch nails driven through. I placed it under the seat cover on the drivers seat every night hoping those pricks would come back for another shot. I was praying for them to try steal it again so i could hear the screams when those nails went through their ball sack.:laugh2:
They didn't come back unfortunately.

Wow, that's terrible. Sucks doesn't it? Thieves are nothing but scum, and that's all they'll be. I totally dig your "nail idea", hope you don't mind if I borrow it ;).

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
This happened to me right before Christmas. I'm positive I was followed from the bank where I had withdrawn cash to give to my employees as a bonus because it was the only thing taken and it only took the guy about 5 seconds to smash the window, reach in, and then take off in his car according to a witness.

I know the feeling. I spent the next few days obsessing over how I would torture the guy if I had caught him. I sunk to a depth of madness I didn't think I was capable of sinking to. What helped me get over it was thinking that it could have been worse. He could have simply walked up to me and blown my head off. He could have taken my car and everything on me. It's ok to be angry, but keep things in perspective.

nbeersiii

Banned
Reaction score
Im not into camaros and trans ams but I love those Bandit cars man. I would love to have one to peel out at every redlight in. I dont know what it is about those cars but Id love one of those.

GammyBird

Reaction score
Just after Christmas, I had a piece of shit try to break into my house while I was in bed. The dog probably barked and drove him off..thankfully, as he had the knob off and could have just walked right in. Now I have everything deadbolted and use a series of webcams, one on the side door, one on the front door and another on my truck. I use a program called Ispy(iSpy: Free Camera Security Software (Open Source)) to watch over things for me.

Latest Threads