Some Required Viewing For US Thanksgiving

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
lol! I don't even have to watch the video. I used to watch WKRP all the time when it was on prime time and totally remember that episode! :D

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
God as my witness, I thought Turkeys would fly...

6stringer

Reaction score
I own the first season on DVD. That is my all-time fav. episode. Freakin' classic! :dude:

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
"There's no parachutes yet."

"Those can't be skydivers"

"I can't tell just yet what they are but . . . Oh my God, they're turkeys!"

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Lol! It's pretty funny. Thanks! colchar!

Blues4U

Reaction score
I loved this show--and it is still one of my top 10 TV scenes of all time---

Oh, The humanity------

Blues4U

Reaction score
One of the funniest episodes of any show ever.

The other classic from this show was when they brought in the state police officer to show the negative effects of drinking-

They used Johnny as the test subject and kept giving him booze, on the air, to illustrate how it effects your reaction time, your equilibrium ect.---The more booze they gave him, the more alert, and better his senses became---It was a great episode--:dude:

SexyGibson

Reaction score
I don't understand why you never hear WKRP mentioned when talking about some of t.v. comedy classics. It really was a great show. I always loved how Les had his " office " taped off and wanted everyone to knock before coming in.

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
I never watched it and from what I saw there...I didn't miss anything. :laugh2:

Different strokes...

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
The other classic from this show was when they brought in the state police officer to show the negative effects of drinking-

They used Johnny as the test subject and kept giving him booze, on the air, to illustrate how it effects your reaction time, your equilibrium ect.---The more booze they gave him, the more alert, and better his senses became---It was a great episode--:dude:

Johnny:
"I've just seen a giant . . . pig."

And earlier in the episode:
"I want a hat. Cop's got a hat, ole Venus wants a hat."

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I never watched it and from what I saw there...I didn't miss anything. :laugh2:

Different strokes...

You have to understand that scene within the context of the episode and that episode within the context of the series.

And you missed a lot. It was one of the best sitcoms of all time. Had it not been for the network screwing around with their time slot it would have been huge.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand why you never hear WKRP mentioned when talking about some of t.v. comedy classics. It really was a great show. I always loved how Les had his " office " taped off and wanted everyone to knock before coming in.

I think perhaps because it wasn't around in syndication as much as other shows. Because of the music licensing rights it was too expensive for syndication and many episodes simply do not work without the original music so the ones they did play in syndication lost much of their original humour and effectiveness. Think about the episode in which the Russian decides to defect - that episode simply doesn't work without the lyrics to Elton John's Tiny Dancer being part of the dialogue.

Latest Threads