Some people...

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
This probably doesn't really warrent a thread but what the hell, I'll post it anyway.

Gibson Les Paul Custom 1992 for sale - TradeMe.co.nz - New Zealand

This guy says "I'm looking for a buyer who will continue to look after the guitar and ensure it stay in the wonderful condition in with I'm selling it."

WTF? I feel like emailing him and saying "Oh damn, I was about to offer you 5 grand (NZ dollars people) for it, but I see you want your guitar kept in perfect condition, I prefer to actually play mine".

Some people, honestly. Why does he care what condition its in after he sells it?

I must be in an irretable mood today. :laugh2:

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
maybe he has a 'personal connection' with the guitar and wants to see if off to a good home. Kinda like a pet.

River

Reaction score
Relax, man. Have you been known to smash your TV because of an annoying commercial?

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Some people can actually play a guitar and keep it looking almost like new. There are people like this. Some people can own and drive a car for 10-20 years and you would think it is new as well. He wants to sell his guitar to such a person.

My girlfriend has clothes that are 10-15 years old, and you would swear they are new. Not everyone is a Slash, Joe Perry, or Keith Richards type. You CAN play rock n roll without messing up your guitar.

Jason

Reaction score
You CAN play rock n roll without messing up your guitar.
That, to me, is proof that rock 'n' roll is dead. It's just a style now, being imitated by the dentists, podiatrists, and suits of the world. They analyze and reproduce it like a bunch of aliens from another planet beaming up an earthling and cloning him.

thornie

Reaction score
I had a guy offer me money for a guitar I was selling just so he could smash it in some student film he was making. He specifically wanted a Gibson Les Paul. I told him to "F-off". For me it's a lot like, "can I date your ex gf just so I can smack her around and treat her like shit?".

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
:laugh2: Well I'd never just smash a guitar for the sake of it. IMO though, if you manage to keep a guitar in perfect condition, you're not playing it enough (Unless its got 8mm of indestructable poly finish:laugh2:).

terence_tez

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
if you think he is being too anal about it and do not respect his respect for guitars,that fine.its your choice.

him wanting sell his guitar on whatever condition,its his choice.

you don't have to buy his guitar,its your choice.

just don't talk shit about it.

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
if you think he is being too anal about it and do not respect his respect for guitars,that fine.its your choice.

him wanting sell his guitar on whatever condition,its his choice.

you don't have to buy his guitar,its your choice.

just don't talk shit about it.
Why not? Its my choice.

River

Reaction score
<snip>if you manage to keep a guitar in perfect condition, you're not playing it enough (Unless its got 8mm of indestructable poly finish:laugh2:).
OR maybe you just take care of your shit. Perfect, no, but excellent is "perfectly" feasible. Not everyone who plays "enough" is tripping over beer cups or letting their drunk buddies play their guitar during breaks.

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
OR maybe you just take care of your shit. Perfect, no, but excellent is "perfectly" feasible. Not everyone who plays "enough" is tripping over beer cups or letting their drunk buddies play their guitar during breaks.
I don't neccessily mean it has to have big gouges and be covered in vomit, just natural wear and tear that a played instrument would get.

River

Reaction score
I don't neccessily mean it has to have big gouges and be covered in vomit, just natural wear and tear that a played instrument would get.
I know. I'm just saying; I've got a '92 that's played 2-3 hours a day, 5-7 days a week and it has virtually no flaws you could pick out in a photograph, even a good one. No, I haven't played it out much, but I play it "enough" - and I take good care of it. I've worked with professional auto mechanics who are the same way about their tools. A guitar in excellent condition is not necessarily one that hasn't been played, and played, and played...

AngryHatter

Reaction score
:laugh2: Well I'd never just smash a guitar for the sake of it. IMO though, if you manage to keep a guitar in perfect condition, you're not playing it enough (Unless its got 8mm of indestructable poly finish:laugh2:).
All my stuff looks brand new - sue me. :D
And I play the hell out of everything I own.

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
I know. I'm just saying; I've got a '92 that's played 2-3 hours a day, 5-7 days a week and it has virtually no flaws you could pick out in a photograph, even a good one. No, I haven't played it out much, but I play it "enough" - and I take good care of it. I've worked with professional auto mechanics who are the same way about their tools. A guitar in excellent condition is not necessarily one that hasn't been played, and played, and played...
All my stuff looks brand new - sue me. :D
And I play the hell out of everything I own.
:photos:

I need evidence. :laugh2:

fretnot

Reaction score
If you actually play the guitar for years, it will have some dings and stuff...it's inevitable. As for having it look like Slash's guitar, that's not necessary. As for selling an instrument, once someone buys it from me, it is out of my hands. I'd hope they don't smash it, but it is their's to do what they wish.

Latest Threads