some marshall dsl 40c love

Rds

Reaction score
just giving some praise for the Dsl 40c. im a same as ive always done kinda person. i always ran my dsl40c on ultra gain channel lead one gain bout 7 or 8. so i got the bright idea of running it on classic channel with an mxr classic overdrive in front. this amp also has a creamback. man! what a different amp. it really opened up this amp. guitars that didnt sound as good as otheres through it all sound way different now. how do you guys configure your amps? just wondering what some like to do. may try some different things myself to experiment.

20211023_014100.jpg

Last edited:

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I had that old Digitech stereo delay back in the day. Solid pedal....... :yesway:

Reactions: Rds

budg

Reaction score
I’ve got a dsl 40c with the stock 70/80 still. Mine is well broken in and sounds fine. I mostly run the classic channel and goose the front end with a TS 9 . I usually run the gain at 4 and volume at 9 for humbucker. I put the treble at 3 mids at 6 and bass at 3. For Strats I run the gain at 9, volume at 6 , and run the bass at 4 .

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, totally love the Crunch mode on the Classic Gain channel.

ns2a

Reaction score
I have 2. One with a Creamback one with a greenback. I love the crunch channel. The red is ok. I’ve played around with different pre tubes and that helped some.

Gfunk_Minor

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the DSL20 and love it.
I use just a smidge of reverb on the Classic side, unless the song calls for something else.
On the ultra side, pretty much the same thing. Although I do use a bit more reverb, and a boost on a couple of solos.
I can say from experience that the Ultra side will take a boost too. You just have to be careful. Or not. Depending on the tonez you're looking for.

YMMV

Roxy13

Reaction score
I tend to stay in the crunch mode on mine and rarely venture into the red channel. Mine also a Creamback. I have a Blues Driver and a reverb pedal for it as I do find the built in reverb to be a bit lacking sometimes. But, overall I think it's a very versatile amp and a good value.

Randy_Lahey

Reaction score
After owning a JCM800 and knowing it barely gets distorted at reasonable volumes, adding a SD-1 and then it’s bliss! I’ve been revisiting amps I have given up on, and been pleasantly surprised at what I can get out of them. I have a feeling that tone and shaping tone is similar in skills to actually playing guitar. I’m a noob! Lol

Latest Threads