SOLD

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my desire to pick up some vintage stuff is beginning to win out over any good sense I have left.

I've been the custodian of the GWB for a while and am now willing to sell it. My original plan was to have it refinished at HM to look like the Nicky burst.

It's the best historic I've heard. Not hyperbole and there are a couple folks on here who can back that up.

Upgrades:

OTPG PAF replica pickups w/ covers (double white).
OTPG bone rings.
Mojoaxe cream jack plate.
Aged DMC knobs.
Aged DMC pointers.
Aged Retrospec "offset" steel tailpiece studs.
Aged DMC aluminum tailpiece V1.
Aged MGL/CreamTone TruVintage brass bridge stud and thumbwheel.
Aged Vintage Haven poker chip.
Mojoaxe PGC59 Vintage Replica pickguard.
Aged Retrospec knurled nut.
Vintage 1959 catalin switch tip.
HM Retrospec inlays.
Throbak wiring harness.
Aged Retrospec TRC.
DMC tuner ferrules.
Vintage 1959 Kluson Deluxe single line tuners with aged Vintage Haven tips.
Period correct pebbled black custom shop case.

6499 shipped as is.
4999 shipped without the OTPG pups and rings.

I reserve the right to pull my head out my arse and keep this.
IMG_7062.jpg
IMG_7063.jpg
IMG_7064.jpg
IMG_7065.jpg
IMG_7066.jpg
IMG_7067.jpg
IMG_7068.jpg
IMG_7069.jpg
IMG_7070.jpg
IMG_7071.jpg

Last edited:

guitardon

Reaction score
Not in the market, if I was I’d pull the trigger. I’m surprised no one grabbed it yet. Hey man, you’ll probably regret letting that one go. That is one of the nicest guitars I’ve seen in a while

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd leave your head where it is..WTF else do you think you'll find that will equal or replace that...

I know the answer :cheers2:

guitardon

Reaction score
I bet when you bought it, your forum NGD had members pouring in with compliments. It definitely has the ooh ah factor. I think it’s better than a lot of the CC models and most like better than most LPs made. It would slip into Vic’s books and nobody would think twice about it. I better stop, I don’t want to keep you from the new venture you are seeking. And I know better than most. I’ve been at that crossroad too many times to mention. Good luck selling or keeping it.

Socrates

Reaction score
I googled OTPG PAFs ,since I know nothing about them, and watched a couple videos. Even listening to their tone thru my phone's speaker I was stunned by tbeir clarity and overall tone. This LP looks amazing...and surely sounds incredible too in a great player's hands. I am surprised it is still for sale...GLWS!

fretboarder

Reaction score
Matt Koehler at gibson custom used to own this guitar, i was talking to him about it the other day..

Stolen#961253

Reaction score
GWB screams 'remove my splooge from my exterior and apply the correct and appropriate thin nitro and let me rule the vast wasteland of reissue Lesters'

Those 2 pcs of figured maple is totally bitchn!

Latest Threads