SOLD

WayneLawKid

Reaction score
In the continuing (and somewhat heartbreaking) process of selling off some nice vintage parts, I submit for your consideration a set of two early Patent No. humbuckers. Double black leads and strong "L" markings on the feet. Some shrinking of the bobbins, which is typical for CAB. Original lead on one, and original lead with an extension (with what looks like vintage braided wire). Original tape, but the piiece of tape covering the leads is starting to come undone, but that's an easy fix. Just letting it be known for full disclosure. They sound great, and lived in my HM after a 3 year long journey through many different pickup variations. These were the best, hands down. Readings taken yesterday (2-18-20) with my crap-o-matic multimeter are shown in the photos. 7.93k and 7.75k.

I will also offer to the purchaser a set of DMC Ver 2 aged pickup covers. To put it lightly, they are tough to come by and sought after. I'll offer them to the buyer of the pickups for an additional $150. No, I will not sell them separately before the pickups sell, let alone for that amount.

Price: $1999 shipped fully insured on the CONUS without the DMC covers. $2,149 shipped fully insured in the CONUS with the DMC covers.

Apologies in advance for all the photos, but I know interested buyers would ask for them.

Pics of the hotter, shorter lead pickup:

IMG_1615.jpg
IMG_1616.jpg
IMG_1617.jpg
IMG_1618.jpg
IMG_1619.jpg
IMG_1620.jpg
IMG_1621.jpg
IMG_1622.jpg
IMG_2796.jpg

Pics of the longer lead pickup:

IMG_1631.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1626.jpg
IMG_1627.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg
IMG_1630.jpg
IMG_2797.jpg

BA-CHEE

Reaction score
Nice ! Both "regular" spaced or "narrow" spaced ? Good luck with your sale !!!

refin

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No afilliation here...but I am a huge fan of these pups.A top end that is very clear with a just right mid/bottom blend.
To me,they sound like a proper PAF,like a tele on steroids.
GLWS!

teleboli

Reaction score
No affiliation either.... but I have the exact same pickups in my HM as well. First gen. removed from '57-'60 PAF's. Only difference being short magnets vs. long.

I agree with refin and they're full of character. Crystal clear neck and a completely useable and enjoyable bridge, like a tele lap steel p/u. Tele on steroids indeed.

GLWTS