SOLD

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I suppose this is mostly a local offering, but I can get guitar shipping boxes from a local shoppe. If I can get CDN$350 in my pocket, it's yours (current rate, that's US$265). Shipping extra, but will gladly meet an MLP member in the GTA.

Would trade for/towards a 12-string acoustic guitar or multi-fx unit with amp/cab simulation.

Great guitar in excellent, gently used condition! Obnoxiously happy yellow. So freakin yellow.

Pickups have been changed to a Vineham Whisky Sour (hot PAF style) in the bridge and an Alnico V from a Yamaha AES620 in the neck. Excellent condition, all setup and ready to play.

“Whisky Sour ”
This is our hottest PAF style pickup with a special wind to boost that throaty midrange to drive an overdriven British amp. We settled on an unoriented Alnico 5 Magnet to tighten the tone for more focus but it retains some of the Alnico 2 vibe. These are basically a hotter version of the Whisky Burner. These are a great choice for a LP or SG to push the overdriven British style amp into it’s sweet spot. Great for classic rock, from 70’s to today's screamin' Slash/Appetite style music .
Bridge 10.5k - Neck 8k

4ildsIn.jpg

B3bL4Uz.jpg

CxcMo4t.jpg

MoUuB9X.jpg

vBhghRC.jpg

IMG_6499.jpg

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
The one in your avatar?
Yes sir! It's given me a couple of years of great joy. However, I impulsively bought the next level ‘Maya Gold’-top and Freddy G swapped the nut for dyed-black bone and the pups for a donated 490/498 set. I can’t put this down now and the yellow is the 'odd guitar out' in my collection.
IMG_0555.jpg

bilbarstow

Premium Member
Reaction score
NGG - it's unfortunate that it would require International shipping and all the crap that goes with it. I've been lusting after a Yamaha Revstar myself. In fact I had intended to ask your opinion (which I fully expected would be glowing, since you have that in your avatar !).

And, I had already sort of settled on the Gold, myself. Congrats on the Gold acquisition, and good luck with sale or trade.

Bill

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
NGG - it's unfortunate that it would require International shipping and all the crap that goes with it. I've been lusting after a Yamaha Revstar myself. In fact I had intended to ask your opinion (which I fully expected would be glowing, since you have that in your avatar !).

And, I had already sort of settled on the Gold, myself. Congrats on the Gold acquisition, and good luck with sale or trade.

Bill
Hey Bill
Thanks for the good wishes. I hope you’re able to pick up a GT, it’s a truly beautiful guitar. I was fussy about the pups, but they were still great sounding. Just a bit polite for my tastes.