SOLD

Barryj

Reaction score
Don't go all corksniffer on me, MLP......this is a cool one!

This one was actually my son's, and has been in the family a loooooong time (bought when he was 14, and he's about to turn 30 - damn I'm getting old!). This one is a 1996 MIK build, and is stamped "Limited Edition" - yes, Epiphone made about a billion different 'limited editions', but this one really is kind of unique.

The difference on this one is the finish - not just the color, but how they applied the poly. And being an Epi, obviously it is poly - but applied very thin, so it actually looks and feels like nitro. That's not a photo flame, folks - it's the actual top wood, with some very cool grain patterns running through it.

This one really lacked for nothing other than the stock pickups - so I put in a set of Tonerider A4's (right when Tonerider first started selling pickups). And that did the trick - great sounding pickups that do both clean and dirty really well.

One other unusual feature for an Epi Les Paul - it's light! (8 lbs. 10 oz.). Comes with a nice 5-latch hardshell case (with one small dent in the top). The guitar itself is in very good condition - I found a couple of small dents in the top and one on the back, but nothing glaring. Only other thing of note is the fact that the toggle switch tip has gone missing! Lots of closeups in the picture gallery

As usual, full album here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/myWSBSDKbJ1JWDXj9

Satisfy your lemonburst urges for cheap - $375 to your door

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Razzle

Reaction score
What kind of neck profile would you say it had?

Barryj

Reaction score
This is between a C and a U shape wise. Very much a 60’s profile size-wise - I measured it at .818 first fret, .917 at the 12th.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
That's purdy! If it were local to me I don't think I could resist!

dka-65

Reaction score
Oh My!!!
That is tempting, I might have to postpone my unleash or power station purchase.

Love the color, the back, the top grain.......just an honest looker without being a supermodel.

Do you know if the top in veneered on this?

Barryj

Reaction score
Actually, this one's a natural top (that's what was behind the "Limited Edition" moniker). It's not so much 'flame' as it is natural figuring - it's a nice top for sure.