aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Fucj I y’all hynoidzrb

Fuck War sucks

NotScott

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, and the OD-Rs are Alan's very best amps IMO. The clean channel - based on the "D" Skyliner circuit - is nothing short of amazing.

I am very surprised this is still available.
Yes they are! I had a Trip-r and currently have a Tucana 3r. Out of all of the amps in my collection, if I could only keep one, it would be the Carol-Ann. It sounds great at any level and it has features that are very useful for a gigging guitarist.

On a sad note, Alan is shutting down Carol-Ann so don't expect to see any new models.

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Out of all of the amps in my collection, if I could only keep one, it would be the Carol-Ann. It sounds great at any level and it has features that are very useful for a gigging guitarist.

On a sad note, Alan is shutting down Carol-Ann so don't expect to see any new models.
Agreed. I have an OD-3r and absolutely love it. It's a shame Alan is getting out of the amp business; I think he was one of the best builders in the game.

Someone should snap up @PeteGalaxie 's OD-2r. I think they're going to be one of those rare, sought-after amps in the very near future.

PeteGalaxie

Reaction score
Agreed. I have an OD-3r and absolutely love it. It's a shame Alan is getting out of the amp business; I think he was one of the best builders in the game.

Someone should snap up @PeteGalaxie 's OD-2r. I think they're going to be one of those rare, sought-after amps in the very near future.
Maybe I should hold on to it!

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
Maybe I should hold on to it!
Ha! It's your amp and I'm sure you've got your reasons for wanting to transition into something more Marshall-esque. But honestly man, since getting my OD-r it has gotten virtually all of my playing time - and I own several vintage Marshalls (and Fenders). The Carol Ann really is special.