SOLD

Family Man

Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD

2016 Gibson ES-Les Paul with no f-holes in Lightburst finish. Very few of these were made, and this one is in excellent condition.

$2,195 $1,995 shipped CONUS firm for forum members.

The flame and wood grain is gorgeous in the photos, but the photos really don't do this guitar justice. It is stunning in person!

6lbs 8oz

0.867" at first fret

1.000" at twelfth fret

All original. Comes with original case and certificate of authenticity.

Thanks for looking!

More photos at the reverb listing: https://reverb.com/item/25426934-gibson-es-les-paul-2016-light-burst

Last edited:

Norton

Reaction score
Arrrrrrrrgh!!!! Want a guild sf4? Maybe a 50’s National electric?

eeprete

Reaction score
I have the F hole version in Cobra burst. I absolutely love it. The sustain is incredible on mine. I've contemplated getting the solid top version also. This is a GREAT price and guitar. GLWS.

Family Man

Reaction score
Wow, that is gorgeous. One-piece top?
Well, it has a 3-ply laminate top like Gibson ES guitar have, but there's no center seam like you see on most LPs. So in the sense that there's no center seam, yes, it's a one-piece top.
Arrrrrrrrgh!!!! Want a guild sf4? Maybe a 50’s National electric?
Thanks, but not interested in trades. Just looking to raise cash.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
This weekend an employee at the club we were playing at was bustling around behind the stage and knocked over my Les Paul. Only bent a tuner and nicked the headstock horns, and I had tuning troubles all night, but if it had been THIS guitar, the damage likely would have been worse. Very beautiful and delicate instruments like this one probably don't belong on any stage I inhabit. I'm hard on my tools, and I'd go into total funk if something happened to this beauty. Otherwise I'd buy it from you today. Rare, unique, beautiful, and priced to sell. What a combo!

BA-CHEE

Reaction score
WoW - very VERY Nice , .. just wondering though. On your fourth picture it show a space between the fret board and the body. The binding is not flush to the body. Was it produced this way ? If so - why ? Good Luck With your sale!!!

Family Man

Reaction score
WoW - very VERY Nice , .. just wondering though. On your fourth picture it show a space between the fret board and the body. The binding is not flush to the body. Was it produced this way ? If so - why ? Good Luck With your sale!!!
I'll do some research. All I've got for you right now is this: Modern Gibson ES guitars are built with that neck angle. As two why, I am not sure. But I'll do some checking.

The neck angle on this guitar matches that of my '63 ES-335 Reissues.

eeprete

Reaction score
I'll do some research. All I've got for you right now is this: Modern Gibson ES guitars are built with that neck angle. As two why, I am not sure. But I'll do some checking.

My Les Paul ES is the same (with F holes), the arch on the ES is slightly shallower compared with a normal LP, that may be part of it along with the normal neck angle possibly putting too much stress on the hollow construction? That is all I could think of...

MSB

Reaction score
I haven't lusted after a LP in awhile, but my goodness. I wish I could help you out, GLWTS

BA-CHEE

Reaction score

Thank You Family Man, I appreciate your response and hopefully you can shed more "light" on my query. I keep STARING at it , and were there really only about a 100 of these produced ? Man that would really take a spot in my collection.

Family Man

Reaction score
Thank You Family Man, I appreciate your response and hopefully you can shed more "light" on my query. I keep STARING at it , and were there really only about a 100 of these produced ? Man that would really take a spot in my collection.
I did some more research on the number of these produced. Every site I have found reports 100 of these made, but the sweetwater listing for these when they original came out says 100 in North America and 200 total worldwide: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ESLPSTD16LBNH--gibson-memphis-es-les-paul-standard-lightburst

As far as the neck angle goes, much google searching has only taught me that most modern Gibson ES guitars have this neck angle. It just means the bridge sits a bit higher than on your typical Les Paul for proper playability. And this guitar does play great. Like I mentioned, my '63 Reissue 335s have the same angle. Here are a couple photos of other modern ES guitars for sale that show the same neck angle:

jenton70

Premium Member
Reaction score
I had one of these and foolishly sold it. Someone will do well to snap it up.